Advertiser: EstimateOneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Strategy & Planning
EstimateOne is a team of 55 people (and growing) with a mission to better connect the commercial construction industry in Australia and abroad. We want to enable people to do more of the things that matter, and less of the things that don't. With 11 years in the game, we're both a profitable and fast growing business.
About the role
We're on a growth journey, and we want you to help us shape that. This is an exciting role that will see you supporting the development, decision-making, monitoring and execution of strategy at EstimateOne.
The Strategy Lead will work directly with the Chief Strategy Officer to:
- Identify and evaluate new strategic opportunities for EstimateOne
- Develop and document our overarching and project specific strategies
- Lead and deliver high priority strategic projects within the organisation
- Conduct primary research and analysis to support our collective understanding of our strategic environment and competitor set
- Support the organisation at large to contribute to and understand the organisational strategy, and ensure all of our efforts are aligned with it
As a successful Strategy Lead you'll relish a role in which you can influence decision-making across the business by being a master of the facts and having an overarching view of everything the company is trying to achieve.
You'll be eager to internalise the big picture for EstimateOne; the big strategic problems we're trying to solve, and how we might go about that (but able to translate these approaches to action within the business). You'll be comfortable and willing to provide advice and challenge to teams and people of all seniority in the business, relying on our shared values, and an emphasis on evidence and research to have constructive conversations.
You'll provide high quality written work (text documents and powerpoint presentations) as well as be tech savvy with spreadsheeting & quantitative analysis.
As well as demonstrating experience with the above skills;
- You'll need to be able to WFH until we are allowed to return to our office in Richmond, Melbourne.
- We are flexible about hours. You don't have to work full time, although we'd love it if you did.
- You'll need to be a great communicator and a fluent English speaker.
- You'll need to be legally eligible to work in Australia.
- Formal training/education is nice, but not a hard requirement (after all, our CEO dropped out of university after six weeks...)
We offer a number of benefits that aren't just limited to working with a great team. We offer entrepreneurial leave, volunteer leave, flexible hours and we invest in your learning by providing each team member with $5k annually to spend on professional development. We have an Engineering Growth Framework which explains exactly what is needed to progress as a developer at EstimateOne and includes both a leadership path and a technical path for those not as interested in people leadership.
If you're interested in joining our team we encourage you to learn more about what it's like to work with us by reading our employee handbook:
If you want to help shape our growth journey, apply with your updated CV and we will be in touch!
- What is your expected annual salary?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.