Advertiser: WorkSafe Victoria3.551 out of 53.6 overall rating (49 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government - State
About the role
The Project Officer Interagency supports the development and implementation of initiatives and projects, specifically the inter-agency high risk waste framework (created in 2019). This will include the development of supporting procedure and policy, and drives acceptance into the WorkSafe business and across a number of stakeholder groups.
The position would lead activities to ensure WorkSafe is equipped to deliver on responsibilities outlined by the Coordinated Prevention & Response Framework for high risk waste sites. It would also ensure that WorkSafe's interests are represented in the development and implementation of the Framework and associated processes/activities including the Environment Protection Agency (EPA) Waste Crime activities.
- You will be supporting the Manager Interagency Coordination and Response in development of ongoing field interventions and operations regarding the sites of inter-agency focus.
- You will work with relevant stakeholders to bring together expert information that will promote knowledge sharing in relation to hazards & risks.
- You will support the strategic/proactive/risk based goals of the framework by identifying, creating and supporting opportunities for effective framework implementation
- You will also create tailored strategies to progress specific issues with stakeholders, drawing on the technical and operational support of the team in planning and managing the technical elements of projects
- Finally, you will be accountable for creating and capturing accurate and complete records of the business activities related to this position, in accordance with approved policy and procedures.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role.
You are an experienced Project Officer who wants to make a difference. Your communication and organisational skills are exemplary- You have a passion for Health & Safety. You are a team oriented person who enjoys making an impact on your team and stakeholder.
- You have a qualification related to and/or extensive knowledge of high risk waste.
- You have strong & proven ability to liaise and influence with a number of stakeholders, internally & externally
- You also understand the legal, policy and the operational environment of WorkSafe Victoria and are able to develop initiatives, supported by research, analysis and a business case justifying the initiative
- You have strong experience in conducting presentations, facilitating discussion and working groups.
- Finally, you also have excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise a number of tasks
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 11:00pm Friday 4 December. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and/or Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Oli Hayes on 03 4243 8819.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
Our goals are to embed in every workplace a proactive, prevention-led approach to health and safety across the state, and to provide a personalised, tailored service for every Victorian who comes into contact with WorkSafe.
Like wearing a seatbelt or putting on sunscreen, "prevention-led" thinking will become automatic every time Victorians step into the workplace.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.