Junior Human Resources Coordinator
Advertiser: Versatile GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
About the business
Versatile is a group of companies that provides an array of products and services in the Commercial Construction Industry. These include Fit Out, Stone & Tiling and Construction Solutions. Established in 1974, Versatile Group is a value-driven business with a corporate mindset.
With us, you can develop your career, forge your own pathway and make a tangible difference.
We're a team that's there for each other. You'll find the encouragement and support to achieve your goals and succeed.
About the role
Reporting into the Group HR Manager, you will provide administration services and support to the Human Resources team - delivering the organisations goals relating to the recruitment, probation/induction, payroll support, administration and general assistance with other ad hoc tasks or projects as required.
Key duties include:
- Support the recruitment process by sourcing candidates, performing background checks, phone screening, interviewing and assisting in shortlisting
- Maintaining records of personnel-related data both in paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met
- Manage end to end HR administration duties
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Management of training records and bookings
- Create and issue accurate employment and onboarding documents
- Liaise and support Payroll to ensure that all paperwork for new starters has been received and completed correctly
- Coordinate HR Inbox, including responding to appropriate enquiries and notifying the HR Manager of higher-level enquiries
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects - such as Employee Engagement surveys, Performance Review Cycle, EVP, L&D and many more
Benefits and perks
- Dynamic, young and vibrant work culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Discounted travel
- Discounted private healthcare
- Monthly social events
- Career development opportunities
The successful candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in HR
- A natural willingness to take on new challenges and help out anywhere and anytime
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- A passion for Human Resources
- Willingness to learn
- Impeccable attention to detail
- An aptitude to be systematic and process oriented in your approach
- A strong interest in data and complex problem solving
- Demonstrated experience with recruitment
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality and display initiative
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills and a proficiency with MS applications (especially Excel and Word)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in Human Resources (HR)?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?