- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
JDN MONOCRANE is a turnkey solutions shop that designs, manufactures, installs and services the full range of standard and specialised customer specific lifting solutions.
We are also a national leader in the provision of Materials Handling Systems, Services and Maintenance. Through innovative solutions and a desire to exceed our customer's expectations, our customer base continues to grow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Dandenong branch for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to undertake a development role as a Storeperson. The role will allow the successful applicant to develop an understanding of the business from the ground up with this hands on role with the opportunity to develop into a role in our Engineering department in the future.
In this role, your key duties will include but not limited to:
- Picking and packing parts for internal and external customers
- Use of handheld scanning guns and barcode systems to issue and receipt stock
- Building kits of parts
- Receiving, unpacking and putting away stock
- Booking transport for deliveries
- Loading/Unloading of trucks
- Manual handling of items up to 20kg
- Using overhead cranes to move heavier items
To be a successful candidate for this role, it is essential that you…
- Have completed Mechanical Engineer - B. Eng (Mech) or looking to complete their degree part time while working full time.
- Have a positive attitude to work and the ability to learn quickly
- Have a good level of computer literacy
- Have high attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise your workload
- Have the ability to follow instructions accurately and work unsupervised
- Can work well in a team environment and contribute positively to the business in general
In return we offer...
- Full time position
- Full on the job training
- Remuneration is negotiable by experience and will be discussed with you upon successful application for the role
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.