Vessel Crew / Food and Beverage Staff
Advertiser: NavigatorsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Waiting Staff
Navigators have been providing ferry services in Southern and Eastern Tasmania for over 50 years and have a reputation for excellent customer service with a number of operations in some of the biggest tourist destinations in Australia.
We are seeking suitably qualified vessel crew to join our fast-paced team working across our three locations: Mona, Port Arthur, and Maria Island.
This is a unique opportunity to showcase your skills in a dynamic and picturesque environment and engage with tourists visiting the State.
With a focus on exceptional customer service, we will be looking for practical, hands-on candidates with a positive, can-do attitude. While boat handling skills are essential in this role they can be learned, so if you are a true hospitality professional and this role appeals, please apply. All you need to do is bring some initiative and the ability to work as part of a great team and we'll give you the chance to broaden your horizons.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An Elements of Shipboard Safety (ESS) certificate
- Minimum two years of hospitality experience including barista skills and wine/beer knowledge
- exceptional customer service skills and experience
- a valid Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate is essential
- basic knowledge of the Tasmanian Tourism industry
- weekend and weekday availability is a requirement for this role
APPLY NOW by sending in your CV and brief cover letter detailing why you would be perfect for this role.
To be considered for this role, applications must be received via Seek only. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for these roles. You must be based in Southern Tasmania. No relocation assistance is provided for these roles.
Due to the large volume of applications received only candidates progressing to the next round will be contacted.
For further questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .au
Applications close 06/12/20
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Have you completed an accredited barista training course?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?