Advertiser: McKillop Insurance BrokersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Launceston & North East
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Brokerage
Mckillops Insurance Brokers have been operating in Launceston since 1975, and have grown to become one of the largest Insurance Brokers in the state. Our business is continuously growing, and therefore we are seeking an experienced Account Executive to join our team.
The successful candidate will be a true all-rounder, who can think on their feet and find solutions to complex situations. They need to be highly organised and efficient, and be able to adapt to the various work styles within the office. The role demands a high level of expertise in the insurance industry.
This position is full-time, where working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm.
Work closely with insurers and underwriters to negotiate favourable solutions for clients. The successful person will be responsible for maintaining a portfolio of SME clients.
- Maintaining and developing business relationships with new and existing clients
- Client service including inbound and outbound call requirements
- Maintenance of client portfolios including data entry and reports
- This is a varied role allowing you to be responsible for new business, renewals, any day to day enquiries and whatever else comes our way. This position will include an assistant to assist with processing of the above and claims.
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- RG146 Accreditation (Tier 1 Insurance Broking)
- Intermediate MS office skills including outlook
- Experience in dealing with complex insurance files
- The ability to think outside the square to find solutions for clients
- Experience in managing a large book of business
- Knowledge and experience regarding difficult risks
- Professional written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Exceptional time management and organisation skills
- Ability to adapt to change and be open to new challenges
- Impeccable personal presentation
- A high level of attention to detail
- Previous experience using INSIGHT (Broking System) preferred
- Cert IV or Diploma of Financial Services would be advantageous
As our newest team member, Mckillops can offer you:
- Great working culture and a fun, reliable team
- A genuine work life balance, with Monday to Friday business hours
- Growth and training opportunities
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a very committed team
If this sounds like the role for you, APPLY now via the seek advertisement.
Salary and benefits to be negotiated with the successful applicant. Includes car, parking space and phone. Applicants must have unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
Applications close at 12:00am on Sunday 6th December.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- Have you completed a RG146 insurance broking accreditation?
- What's your expected annual base salary?