IT Support Officer
Advertiser: Burnie Brae4.25 out of 54.3 overall rating (4 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
The IT Support Officer position, is a newly created position in our growing IT Team, reporting directly to our IT Manager.
About the Role:
As an IT Support Officer, you will be the first point of contact for IT queries and responsible for the ongoing monitoring of the IT Help Desk function. You will provide IT support to staff across the organisation, in multiple locations, including basic troubleshooting, installing new hardware and setting up new user accounts.
As an IT Support Officer your tasks will include:
- Acting as the first point of call for all IT Helpdesk queries
- Responding to all IT Help Desk tickets in a prompt and professional manner
- Resolving IT helpdesk questions in person, over the phone, email and by remote support
- Maintaining end user accounts, permissions and access rights
- Installing and testing new hardware and software across the business
- Troubleshooting and supporting virtual servers, switches and IT infrastructure
- Supporting core business applications around member servers and care management including analytical reporting
- Assisting with all software installs and updates
- Proactively monitoring and reporting of Help Desk trends
To be considered for this role you will need;
- Minimum Diploma in Information Technology
- High level computer literacy and technical ability
- Exceptionally high level of customer service skills
- Quick learner with the ability to multi-task
- A strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and solution focused
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine interest in the IT field
- Ability to work autonomously & as a supportive team player
- Ability to problem solve and make quick decisions
- Ability to interact and engage successfully with a variety of stakeholders
- Alignment with the Burnie Brae values
You will be required to hold a current Disability Services Yellow Card and National Police Check, or the ability to obtain these.
Burnie Brae is a well-established and respected provider of services to the community on the north side of Brisbane. We are passionate about delivering excellence in customer care and support services, and this could be your opportunity to join us in achieving our Vision of a "socially connected and healthy community".
As well as joining a friendly team at a leading community services organisation, if successful, you will also have access to the below benefits:
- Staff discount at our onsite Café
- Free membership to our onsite gym
- Salary Packaging options
- Staff discount to onsite massage services
A socially connected and healthy community
To build strong community connections by providing quality health, lifestyle, and wellness services.
Respect – Integrity – Trust – Customer Focus
Accountability – Professionalism – Quality
How to apply:
Please send your application, including a Resume and a Cover Letter detailing why you are the best person for this role, via the ‘Apply for this job’ button.