Marketing LeadPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Management
You’ll be leading the Marketing and Customer Experience Team (CX Team). Our gun Marketer is about to go on maternity leave, so you’ll be filling her role. There’s a chance of something more permanent for you if you’re a gun, too. You’ll be reporting to the company’s co-founder, the Chief Customer Officer.
Ilume is a modern pet health company for discerning pet owners. Our purpose is to light the way to lifelong health for pets. We use the latest advances in nutrition and technology to empower pet owners to be their best for their furry family members.
We are a Melbourne startup that is well-funded and growing quickly. We think of ourselves as pioneers. Our dog food and (top-secret) customer technologies are truly innovative. And we have more to come. We don’t take short-cuts or compromise on pets’ health, ever. There’s simply nothing like ilume in the market today.
If you’re a Marketer who thinks strategically, is entrepreneurial, loves challenges, and wants to make your mark, then this role could be your dream job.
Leave Marketing traditions and old ways of working at the door. At ilume, we start with the customer. We see jobs to be done. We build minimum viable products. We test and learn. We want every touchpoint to be on-brand. We go big, or we go home.
So stop working for incompetent bosses or slow, bureaucratic companies.
Quit fighting with other departments who act like sheep: unsure, lost, and scared.
Don’t give your best years away to big, cold corporates who only care about the wrong things.
If you’re still reading this with interest, then you know how rare and special this opportunity is.
We are a startup, so every day will be different and full of new challenges. Things will change as we grow and learn. You must be able to see the whole picture, but also dive into specific areas that need attention.
Here’s what we need you to do:
- Assist with the development of a Customer Experience Strategy
- In collaboration with the CX Team, develop a Customer Growth and Retention Strategy
- Develop and implement an integrated Marketing and Communications Plan for launch
- Collaborate with our Content Specialist to develop a Content Plan
- Work with the Customer Acquisition Lead to select, onboard, and manage our agencies to deliver agreed acquisition and media goals
- Work closely with our Customer Technology Team to ensure our customer touchpoints deliver on the Customer Experience Strategy
- Collaborate with our Design and Packaging agencies to ensure our new Brand Identity System is awesome, fit-for-purpose, and actionable
- Stay abreast of competitor offerings and share inspiration from benchmarks in adjacent categories
- Assist with the development and testing of new product development, including digital services and packaging
- Develop an Employee Experience Program and Welcome Kit to ensure no one is left behind as we grow quickly
To be successful in this role, you must have the right mindset, be hardworking, and deliver real outcomes. This is more important than where you worked or how many qualifications you have.
If you satisfy the ‘must-haves’, you should apply. If you have some ‘nice-to-have’, that’s a bonus.
- A true Marketer who understands customer needs and desires, and can turn them into marketing opportunities
- Switched-on; resourceful; entrepreneurial
- A pusher; always striving for better; a pioneering mindset
- Cool, calm, and collected when dealing with challenges or uncertainty
- A confident and persuasive communicator (oral and written)
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and delve into the detail of Marketing operations and implementation
- Proficient in Advertising, Communications, and Media, with a strong understanding of digital channels
- Demonstrated track record of working with others to deliver great outcomes
- At least 7 years’ experience in Marketing
- Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen
- Strategy development experience
- Brand management experience
- Customer-facing technology experience
- New product development experience
- Project management skills
- Experience in a direct-to-consumer company
- Experience in the pet food industry
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Marketing or Business
We come to work because we have a clear and compelling purpose that galvanizes us.
Here are some other things you may love at ilume:
- Friendly, diverse, and empowering work culture
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work-from-home/office setup
- New laptop and a phone allowance
- Flexible vacation and parental leave options
- Pet-friendly office
- Bike-to-work storage and shower facilities
- Car parking options
- Close to cafes, restaurants, St Kilda beach, and the city
Please submit a) a resume tailored to this role, and b) a one-page covering letter saying why you’d make a great fit and how you would help us achieve our purpose.
We will only respond to candidates who satisfy the Role Requirements and can demonstrate they understand the Role Responsibilities.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?