Various roles - APS Level 6, Executive Level 1 - Industry Capability Taskforce
Advertiser: Department of Industry, Science, Energyand ResourcesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- $85,333 - $112,214
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government - Federal
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources is establishing a new Industry Capability Taskforce to support the implementation of the $1.5 billion Modern Manufacturing Strategy (MMS). The strategy is an investment to upscale Australia’s manufacturing capability and strengthen our future resilience, with the vision for Australia to be recognised as a high-quality and sustainable manufacturing nation.
This recruitment process will fill several vacancies at APS Level 6 and Executive Level 1 levels across all three branches of the taskforce – supply chains, industry engagement and strategy implementation. We are seeking talented individuals to work across a number of areas implementing key aspects of the strategy.
- Ability to think critically about issues, with sound judgement
- Being comfortable in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Having strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills
- Having strong written and oral communication skills including demonstrated ability to develop executive and ministerial briefings
- Being adaptable and confident in coordinating a multitude of different tasks and projects simultaneously
- Having proven ability to show initiative and problem solve and
- Possessing demonstrated experience in policy development and implementation.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Budget and Cabinet processes
- Experience in grants program design and implementation
- Experience in developing industry road maps
- Understanding of the dynamics of Australian manufacturing
- Technical expertise in, or understanding of, manufacturing processes and projects or
- Data analysis skills and capacity to draw out insights.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens. We welcome applications from indigenous candidates.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
The Industry Capability Taskforce is located in Canberra. Consideration will also be given to staff to work from a location outside of Canberra.
This recruitment process is being used to fill several ongoing Executive Level 1 and APS Level 6 roles. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies, should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.