Retail Sales Assistant
Advertiser: Better Pets and GardensMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- $20 - $24.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Retail Assistants
Better Pets and Gardens offers a rewarding environment to work, great products to support and a fabulous team of people to spend your work day with. We are a family owned, WA only business and the team matters to us hugely.
Right now we are looking for new team members across our group for full-time positions. We are looking to fill these positions with people who have at least four years of retail sale experience, ideally with pet and/or garden products and who can work across the 7 day roster. For these positions, we can’t work around school or university hours unfortunately. In this instance, we will also only be selecting from people who have worked in ‘product retail stores’ with face-to-face customer advisory sales experience and success. This means we won’t be considering fast food service or grocery store retail environments.
What is our Mission Statement?
To provide a quality, informative and friendly personal service in the sales of pet, animal and garden supplies.
What’s good about working at Better Pets and Gardens?
If you like a busy retail environment working with customers who are looking for excellent products and service for their pet and garden needs, this is the spot to be! Our teams are confident, friendly and interested people who really enjoy our products and customers.
The team helps each other in every way they can so you can count on being supported and mentored into your new job at Better Pets and Gardens.
Our stores are located at Wangara, Malaga, Caversham, Midland and Kelmscott.
We do heaps of training on the products we stock but if you have special experience and knowledge we would love you to share that with the rest of us so that we can learn from each other.
Our shops are clean and neat and well laid-out and we work hard every day to keep them looking that way so loving a broom and dustcloth will be a big help! As we stock, clean, serve and merchandise we also interact with the greatest group of people you will meet – OUR CUSTOMERS and STAFF.
What is the Job Criteria?
- Assisting customers with purchases & questions.
- Selling our products with informed product knowledge.
- Merchandising and working as a team to support catalogues and promotions.
- Using a computerised checkout system.
- Unpacking orders & putting stock away.
- Promoting the CCC loyalty program.
- Counting and handling cash & EFTPOS.
- Tidying and cleaning the store and associated facilities.
- Carrying products to the car for customers.
- Interacting with a variety of animals.
- Attending product training & actively developing your own knowledge.
What else do I need to know?
- We are looking very specifically for salespeople and preference will be given to those who have previous pet and/or garden products retail experience.
- Our stores trade 7 days a week so weekend work is obligatory.
- Lifting and manual handling are part of the job.
- Working hours can differ from store to store.
- A current WA manual drivers licence is preferred as all stores do home deliveries.
- A current WA forklift licence is an added bonus.
How do I apply?
So, if you are loaded up with energy and passion, have retail product sales experience and great interactive skills, enjoy working in a team, have a good work ethic and experience with animal or garden products, please submit your application, including your detailed resume via the SEEK portal.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a sales assistant?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?