Outdoor Education Program Coordinator
Advertiser: Christian Community MinistriesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2020
- Sunshine Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Secondary
Christian Youth Camps, Burleigh, is looking to appoint a Program Coordinator for a full time, ongoing position based in Noosa (QLD).
CYC is a faith-based outdoor education and group accommodation organisation with a head office on the Gold Coast. We facilitate programs in southeast Queensland all year round.
Our staff is our greatest asset, and as committed Christians, they seek to demonstrate the love of Christ to all our guests. Our mission is to deliver excellent programs, delivering key outcomes, through a Christian worldview
In this role, you would oversee our Noosa based outdoor education team, planning and facilitating programs based around our Thrive way of working. CYC uses a range of specific activities to help achieve these outcomes, such as surfing, raft building, stand up paddleboarding, mountain biking, archery, climbing, abseiling, canoeing and many more.
The role is primarily administrative, however, will include program facilitation from time to time.
Our facilitators are dynamic individuals who;
- Facilitate programs using a relational approach.
- Are dedicated to the student’s holistic development
- Have a secure foundation in Christ
To be eligible for this position, you should;
- Hold qualifications in outdoor education / recreation / leadership or education
- Hold a current blue card or be able to obtain a current blue card
- Hold an MR license or higher
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of pedagogy and be able to adapt and apply this to a range of ages.
- Be suitably experienced in delivering outdoor education programs;
- Be a person of integrity who is dedicated and passionate about outdoor education
- Demonstrate an ability to apply Biblical principles to all areas of life
- Have exceptional communication and teamwork skills
- Be able to build strong relationships with students, staff, parents, and members of the broader community.
- Be able to plan and implement programs that are suitable for a range of ages and abilities
- Be comfortable leading a small team through the framework of servant leadership
An attractive remuneration package including use of a company vehicle is on offer for the right person
For a position description and application, please contact Andrew@cycburleigh.com.au