Medical Administration Officer
Advertiser: Fulham ConsultingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2020
- Northern QLD
- $25 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
We are a growing team of 5 clinical psychologists and 1 psychiatrist, specializing in the area of mental health. We help people when life gets tough! We are looking for a professional, experienced medical secretary to help us grow and serve our clients.
For the fit to be right, it is essential that you have worked in private practice medical administration. Any previous legal or executive assistant experience would be highly desirable. Work hours are Monday to Friday 8.30AM - 5PM. There is an option to work part-time (minimum of 3 days) or full-time depending upon your work-ready skills and availability.
We take our work seriously and value, respect and rely upon the professional support services our administration team provide.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Full private-practice, medical reception front desk duties, including but not limited to phone calls, appointment scheduling, managing incoming and outgoing referrals, batching Medicare and DVA, invoicing and billing private patients, NDIS, WorkCover and various other third-parties
- Dictation typing and formatting letters, specialist reports and legal documents with a very high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Being available to cover administration staff leave, including sick-leave at short notice.
- The job entails numerous, diverse and at times complex administration tasks that for the right person will be challenging and rewarding
Desirable attributes include:
- A professionally friendly manner
- A mindset that sees problems as challenges to overcome
- An ability to prioritise and switch between tasks quickly
- An ability to remain calm under pressure
- An ability to work alone, show initiative, and work well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - this is essential
- Excellent attention to detail especially when typing medical and legal reports or billing
- Experience using various software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office, HotDocs, GoFax) including medical practice management software, ideally - Zedmed
If you have more than one-year experience working in private-practice, medical specialist administration and feel curious about this opportunity, then please forward your CV with a cover letter telling us why you are the right person for the position.
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical secretary?
- Which of the following medical practice management software do you have experience with?
- Are you available to work school holidays?
- What's your highest level of education?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.