Advertiser: Strategic Community Assistance For Refugee FamiliesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2020
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: CEO
Fixed-term contract: Part time (30 hours per week) from January 2021
Award classification: SCHADS award based on experience with pre-tax salary packaging options
Key areas of responsibility
- General administrative and office management support including basic bookkeeping (Xero) and Salesforce NFP CRM data entry and management
- Executive support for CEO, Board and Management team
- Stakeholder and client facing engagement including first point of contact
Working in collaboration with SCARF’s small team of paid staff and broad volunteer network, the primary purpose of this position is to provide effective administrative and executive support. The role facilitates the efficient operation of the organisation and a coordinated delivery of services whilst ensuring a positive and supportive experience when acting as a point of contact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Relevant Business Administration qualifications (or equivalent experience)
Experience & skills
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in similar administration role
- Highly developed administrative and executive support capability with exemplary attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to work independently, multitask, meet deadlines, and help keep other people’s work on track
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping especially in Xero
- Database management experience especially Salesforce (or similar) CRM
- Experience with board processes and administration
- Demonstrated professional discretion
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Calendar management, Google Docs as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience working in social and community services, refugee support, and/or a social business/not for profit organisation will be an advantage
SCARF Refugee Support is a volunteer-powered community organisation that supports humanitarian refugee entrants settling in the Illawarra by creating connections and generating opportunities that build a sense of belonging; promote social & economic inclusion; and empower individuals and families to lead independent lives.
Applications are to include a covering letter (no more than 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria and your current CV. Applications can be submitted via SEEK or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Thursday 10 December 2020. Applicants should be available for interview the week beginning Monday 14 December, 2020
For a detailed Position Description, please go to www.scarfsupport.org.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?