Strategic Development Manager
Advertiser: SkildareMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Part Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
About the business
The Hunter Defence Support Network (HDSN) is a registered Newcastle based charity that aims to improve the lives of Defence force members posted to the Hunter region. In operation for five years, HDSN connects the local civilian community with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) community through the delivery of support events and networking programs aimed at enhancing the livelihood of the dedicated service men and women of the ADF.
About the role
The Strategic Development Manager (SDM) role is a part time (20 hours per week) position reporting directly to the Board of Directors. The SDM is responsible for the day-day management of HDSN whilst also leading the organisation in its strategic growth plans. With only one other casual team member, the SDM is required to be very self sufficient, pro-active and able to operate autonomously. Working from home is encouraged whilst some out of normal hours work is occasionally required with attending and/or managing events. The successful applicant will have extensive small business experience and will be comfortable overseeing all aspects of successful operations such as finance, marketing, HR and event planning.
Specifically, the role includes:
- Oversight and leadership of the development and execution of core mission initiatives such as educational seminars, health and wellbeing events, spouse recruitment functions, etc;
- Lead the planning and execution of HDSN fundraising events such as the Formal Dinner, Golf Day, Corporate Lunch, merchandising, etc;
- Maintain regular communications with all stakeholders to include Military Commanders, Honorary Commanders, Community leaders, Defence Community Organisation, etc;
- Assist in the organisation of Honorary Commander activities which include workplace visits and occasional after hours social gatherings;
- Pro-actively promote HDSN via social media and other identified means;
- Manage the HDSN budget and communicate its position via regular reporting to the HDSN board;
- Plan and organise monthly Board meetings;
- Oversight of the Business administration functions including book-keeping (via Xero), invoice management, account management.
- Identify, recruit and lead HDSN employees as required
Benefits and perks
This role is perfect for the motivated, high performing individual looking for workplace flexibility and autonomy.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will be experienced in all aspects of operating a small business to include Finance, Marketing, HR and event planning. Additionally they will thrive in an environment which requires autonomy and proactive decision making and will be motivated to take HDSN to the next level. The SDM is required to be details oriented and an excellent communicator and networker, confident in creating and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders to include ADF leadership, sponsors and local business leaders.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?