Irrigation/Farm HandPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Nov 2020
- Launceston & North East
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Labour
This exciting full-time position is available on a large, irrigated livestock enterprise located 25 min from Launceston. This position will offer the successful applicant exposure and experience to an enterprise that is developing a strategic and long-term plan for its development and success, now and into the future.
A can-do attitude and good work ethic with a willingness to be part of a team oriented workplace, along with a strong commitment to safe work practices is necessary.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- operation and maintenance of centre pivot, hard hose irrigators and pumps
- water scheduling
- record keeping
- pasture monitoring
At least 2 years irrigation experience
- mechanical ability to service and maintain diesel engines, hydraulic systems, high pressure water systems
- tractor exp and ability to weld would be highly advantageous
- a willingness to work extended hours and work under pressure during irrigation season, both independently and as part of a team
Salary package will be negotiated, based on the skills and experience that you can bring to the business.
For a confidential discussion contact Randall on 0400 201 036.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?