Visitor Services Consultant (Central Reservations) - MRBTA
Advertiser: Margaret River Busselton Tourism AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Nov 2020
- Bunbury & South West
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Reservations
The Margaret River Busselton Tourism Association (MRBTA) is a self-funded, not-for-profit, incorporated association with over 50 years’ experience in supporting the Margaret River Region to thrive through tourism.
MRBTA exists to attract, service and provide quality and memorable experiences to visitors. In doing so the Association grows the economic, social and environmental outcomes of tourism for the Margaret River Region, and helps provide future employment and prosperity.
MRBTA has a unique structure which allows it to perform the functions of both Australia’s largest Local Tourism Organisation (LTO), and of the largest tourism operator in the Margaret River Region. As the region’s tourism association, MRBTA acts on behalf of over 700 members whilst providing marketing, visitor servicing and product development to support the success of tourism businesses. Together the Association’s consumer-facing channels create over 2 million touchpoints with visitors each year.
As a tourism operator, MRBTA manages 7 tourist attractions – Lake Cave, Mammoth Cave, Jewel Cave, Ngilgi Cave, Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse, Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse and Forest Adventures South West – and provides ground handling services at the Busselton Margaret River Airport. Funds generated are used to conserve the natural and heritage assets in the Association’s care and underpin the work of the tourism association.
About the Role
Working within the Visitor Services team, a Central Reservations Consultant is the first point of contact for all visitor, member and stakeholder touch points via email, phone, online chat and social media platforms. By understanding a visitor’s needs, the consultant helps visitors to plan and book incredible experiences in the Margaret River region. The Central Reservations Consultant also plays a key sales and support role to the MRBTA’s own managed attractions – four caves, two lighthouses and an adventure ropes course.
Working in a fast-paced environment attached to the Margaret River and Busselton Visitor Centres, a consultant must have a high aptitude and interest in working across multiple digital and telecommunications platforms, all while showcasing incredible destination product knowledge, exemplary customer service skills and travel planning expertise.
- Actively promote a positive image of the MRBTA and the destination by adhering to the organisation's values and professional standards
- Respond to visitor enquiries via telephone, web chat and email in a timely manner with a focus on up-selling and on cross-selling regional products & experiences
- Assist visitors with customised holiday planning to encourage increased length of stay, dispersal and spend
- Facilitate all customer enquiries, offline & online bookings for Margaret River Caves & Lighthouses, as well as Forest Adventure South West via phone, email and web chat
- Present and implement team strategies to assist in increasing visitor engagement and positive customer feedback
- Communicate professionally and effectively with a diverse range of customers, as well as problem solve through difficult situations, to provide effective solutions
- Provide a high level of written documentation around quotes, correspondence and customer follow-up
- Actively participate in industry training, product familiarisation programs and networking events
- Develop and maintain a high level of regional tourism and event knowledge, as well as specific knowledge around the MRBTA’s managed attraction assets - a mix of formal training, first-hand experience and self-learning is provided
- Facilitate daily reconciliations, booking administration, travel amendments and assist with office cleaning and presentation
- Assist to maintain the association’s customer data, procedures and training documentation
- Collaborate and support the MRBTA’s membership, marketing, attraction and visitor servicing departments to ensure a high-quality content standard across MRBTA owned and earned marketing channels
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar tourism industry role (inbound tour operator, retail travel, tour, accommodation, activity or hospitality operations)
- Exceptional local knowledge and passion for the Margaret River Region (from Busselton to Augusta)
- Competency to work across information technology platforms including call centre & telecommunications software, desktop & cloud-based computing, as well as customer support systems
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft 365 or Office suite
- Demonstrated sales ability and problem solving
- Strong written and oral communication skills to suit different audiences, cultures and information platforms
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work with team members and colleagues to achieve outcomes
- Some experience with customer relationship management, database &/or booking systems an advantage but not essential
- Formal qualifications in tourism or hospitality an advantage but not essential
- Welcoming & friendly manner
- Professional, positive and can-do approach
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
- Commitment to promoting and marketing the Association
- Ability to work with a team and a passion for working with people and places
- Appreciation that tourism is a 7 day a week business with a flexible work schedule (including weekends and holidays when visitors need us most)
The successful applicant will
- Be able to commit to 4 shifts per week on a permanent part-time basis (64-72 hours per fortnight) with opportunity for more hours available to the right candidate
- Be able to work from a Margaret River Visitor Centre location with reliable transport to also work from Busselton or Dunsborough as operational requirements arise
- Enjoy great industry benefits as well as a remuneration package above award
- Possess a keen sense of adventure - we provide abundant opportunity to experience many of the region's incredible experiences first-hand as part of your ongoing training
How to apply
Please apply online with a CV and cover letter outlining why you would be a perfect addition to the Visitor Services (Central Reservations) team.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.