Visitor Services Consultant (Margaret River) - MRBTA
Advertiser: Margaret River Busselton Tourism AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Nov 2020
- Bunbury & South West
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Travel Agents/Consultants
The Margaret River Busselton Tourism Association (MRBTA) is a self-funded, not-for-profit, incorporated association with over 50 years’ experience in supporting the Margaret River Region to thrive through tourism.
MRBTA exists to attract, service and provide quality and memorable experiences to visitors. In doing so the Association grows the economic, social and environmental outcomes of tourism for the Margaret River Region, and helps provide future employment and prosperity.
MRBTA has a unique structure which allows it to perform the functions of both Australia’s largest Local Tourism Organisation (LTO), and of the largest tourism operator in the Margaret River Region. As the region’s tourism association, MRBTA acts on behalf of over 700 members whilst providing marketing, visitor servicing and product development to support the success of tourism businesses. Together the Association’s consumer-facing channels create over 2 million touchpoints with visitors each year.
As a tourism operator, MRBTA manages 7 tourist attractions – Lake Cave, Mammoth Cave, Jewel Cave, Ngilgi Cave, Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse, Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse and Forest Adventures South West – and provides ground handling services at the Busselton Margaret River Airport. Funds generated are used to conserve the natural and heritage assets in the Association’s care and underpin the work of the tourism association.
About the Role
Visitor Services Consultant (Margaret River)
Permanent part-time, 4 shifts per week with some seasonal variability. Flexible rostering with some weekend and school holiday work required.
MRBTA is recruiting for a position based at Margaret River Visitor Centre. The consultant works in the visitor centre providing face-to-face assistance, as well as working in the Central Reservations office answering visitor queries via email, phone, webchat and social media platforms.
The Visitor Services Consultant role is to understand the visitor’s needs and to help plan and book amazing experiences in the Margaret River region.
- Respond to visitor enquiries in person and via telephone, web chat and email in a timely manner
- Restock and manage presentation of retail stock and tourism brochures
- Assist visitors with customised itinerary planning
- Complete guest accommodation, tour and attractions bookings through the appropriate reservation system
- Provide written documentation to visitors including itineraries and quotes
- Develop and maintain a high level of regional knowledge, including knowledge of accommodation, tours, attractions, events etc.
- Maintain a high standard of presentation and cleanliness of information and retail displays within the Visitor Centre
- Deliver a high level of customer service
- Communicate professionally and effectively with a diverse range of customers
- Assist to resolve customer complaints and provide effective solutions
- Assist to update digital and print documentation including visitor information, customer information, policies and procedures etc.
- Follow procedures associated with the duty roster e.g. open and close visitor centre, cleaning
- Facilitate daily reconciliations, booking administration and amendments
- Attend and participate in industry networking events, workshops and training, including the Association’s familiarisation program, some which may be outside of trading hours
- Actively support and demonstrate MRBTA’s values and professional standards
- Adhere to all MRBTA policy and procedure guidelines
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Local knowledge and passion for the Margaret River Region (from Busselton to Augusta)
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to tailor information to suit different audiences, cultures and information platforms
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Microsoft Office or 365
- Knowledge of, and experience with, IT systems (i.e. booking, customer relationship management and telecommunications systems)
- The ability to work autonomously and with team members to achieve outcomes
- Confident and welcoming manner
- Positive approach
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Attention to detail
- Appreciation that tourism is a 7 day business with flexible work hours that include weekends and school holidays
The successful applicant will
- Be able to commit to 7 - 8 shifts per fortnight on a permanent part-time basis ( average of 56 - 64 hours per fortnight) with opportunity for more hours available to the right candidate
- Be able to work from a Margaret River Visitor Centre location with reliable transport to also work from Busselton or Dunsborough as operational requirements arise
- Enjoy great industry benefits as well as a remuneration package above award
- Possess a keen sense of adventure - we provide abundant opportunity to experience many of the region's incredible experiences first-hand as part of your ongoing training
How to apply
Please apply online with a CV and cover letter outlining why you would be a perfect addition to the Visitor Services team.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?