Gippsland Centre Against Sexual Assault - Counsellor/Advocates
Advertiser: Gippsland Centre Against Sexual AssaultMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Dec 2020
- West Gippsland & Latrobe Valley
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Gippsland Centre Against Sexual Assault (GCASA) currently has positions available for Counsellor/Advocates to work within the Gippsland Multidisciplinary Centre and across various outreach sites within the region.
GCASA is funded to provide crisis intervention, individual counselling and group work, professional consultation, community education and community development activities throughout the Gippsland region.
The successful applicants will be offered comprehensive training, professional development and clinical supervision, together with a great workplace experience that is thriving on a culture of continuance learning and development.
The successful applicants will hold a relevant tertiary qualification in the area or social welfare, counselling, social work, family therapy, psychology, creative arts therapies or community mental health nursing or similar discipline. Candidates will also have the following conceptual, therapeutic and enabling skills:
• Understanding of child development theories (including cognitive, psychological and relational)
• Understanding of sexualised behaviour from within a developmental and eco systemic context.
• Capacity to work systemically
• Trauma informed
• Capacity to tailor therapeutic responses to meet the needs of the individual and family / care systems
• Capacity to work in a culturally safe way
• Engagement with family/carers
• Comprehensive assessment, intervention and case planning skills
• Contextual and systemic approach
• Strengths focus (individual / family-care) contexts
GCASA, through it’s values of Empowerment, Respect, Dignity and Integrity is committed to providing equal opportunity and access for all and welcomes any person into the service regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged.
For further information on these positions, please contact Kate Neocleous on 5134 3922
To be considered for any GCASA role, you must answer the selection criteria contained within the applicable position description.
Position descriptions can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Counsellor/Advocate enquiry via Seek.
Applications should be submitted via the Seek website by 5:00pm on Thursday 24 January, 2021.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a counsellor?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?