Senior Oncology Pharmacist
Advertiser: Mildura Base Public Hospital2.875 out of 52.9 overall rating (8 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Dec 2020
- Mildura & Murray
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Pharmacy
Senior Oncology Pharmacist
- Join our dedicated and supportive pharmacy team
- Opportunity to deliver optimum care to patients
- Seeking candidates who are passionate about learning and growth
About the Organisation
Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH) has approximately 930 staff and is a 180 bed tertiary teaching hospital (Level 1) providing public hospital services on behalf of the Victorian Government to the community of Mildura and the Sunraysia District.
The hospital is a major public referral service for the Northern Mallee region providing services to approximately 80,000 people, treating over 20,000 inpatients and triaging more than 33,000 emergency attendees, and 850 births.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Pharmacy, the Senior Oncology Pharmacist will be responsible for:
- Delivery of oncology and infusion clinical services within the day services unit and for the broader Sunraysia community
- Inventory control and management
- Management of the facilities used in aseptic manufacturing
- Hold pharmacist registration (AHPRA)
- An advanced understanding of the PBS in relation to oncology and related medicines
- Minimum of three years’ experience in hospital oncology pharmacy with a demonstrated ability to apply clinical knowledge across pharmacy and oncology settings
- Contemporary experience in aseptic manufacturing with working knowledge and application of the cGMP
- Working knowledge of CHARM and Merlin would be desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical thinking skills to make sound judgements and develop appropriate innovative solutions
What we can offer you
- New and inspiring hospital leadership model
- The ability to impact and effect change in a hospital that is rapidly evolving
- Salary packaging (pay less tax!) and novated vehicle leasing
- Location! Mildura is a regional hub which provides an excellent a lifestyle that will support your career. Check out www.visitmildura.com.au
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
For a position description and further information regarding our fantastic Hospital, please visit www.mbph.org.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a pharmacist?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have oncology pharmacy experience?
- Do you have clinical pharmacy experience?