Advertiser: Carnelian Property ManagementMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Real Estate & Property, Residential Leasing & Property Management
Who we are
Carnelian Property Management is a family-owned and run Newcastle real estate business, growing consistently and successfully since 2011. We offer a fresh, accessible and personal approach to investment property management which delights our clients throughout the Lake Macquarie and Newcastle area.
Our boutique company provides a working environment which is different from many real estate franchises, and in ways which are highly-valued by our clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Property Officer to join the team in our homely Charlestown office.
You would be working directly with the business owners and Property Manager in a personable, supportive, and entertaining team who are constantly seeking and implementing ways to improve the "usual" (🙄) property management experience.
We are seeking an individual to work 9:00am - 4:00pm four days a week initially, with hours to be increased once established within the business.
In this role you will be working in a positive and true team-based environment - we know the value of sharing a problem and feeling supported!
Your role will include the following commensurate with your experience:
- Assistance in managing a portfolio of approx 100-130 properties
- Assisting in the leasing process from open inspection through to application review, lease preparation and sign-up
- Ingoing, routine and outgoing inspections
- General tenant management
- Maintenance management
- Arrears management
- Liaison with landlords
- Attend and prepare for tribunal if required
- No trust accounting, business development or marketing work required.
Who we're looking for
We are seeking a unique individual with property officer / administrator experience, a desire to join our team long-term, and an interest in joining a business which doesn't follow the usual corporate agency template. Ideally you will have:
- A bright and engaging personality
- A positive attitude and good sense of humour
- An appreciation for, and ability to offer, excellent customer service
- Willingness to work collaboratively, follow procedures and adapt to growth and change
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed familiarity with applicable legislation
- Experience using PropertyMe is desirable though not essential
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and take initiative in all areas
In addition to the above, the successful applicant must have:
- A current Certificate of Registration or Real Estate Licence
- Minimum of 1-2 years working in the real estate industry
- Current Driver Licence and reliable, well-presented vehicle
Interested candidates should apply online, including a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role and your resume.
Any questions prior to submission can be asked by calling Natalie Doolan (Director) on 0407065126.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a Real Estate Sales Representative course? (e.g. Agent's Representative course, Certificate of Registration)
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years of residential property management experience do you have?
- What's your expected hourly rate?