Advertiser: IBA Tourism Asset Management Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Dec 2020
- Yorke Peninsula & Clare Valley
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
About the business
We are looking for highly motivated maintenance staff who can hit the ground running, to work in the stunning Ikara - Flinders Ranges, at Wilpena Pound Resort. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with current experience in a fast-paced, resort environment.
About the role
This is a full time, permanent, hands-on position, reporting to the Deputy General Manager and General Manager. The successful applicant will have the responsibility for the ongoing maintenance of our Resort and Campgrounds.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out duties as directed by the Maintenance Manager to service and repair Resort assets and equipment.
- Troubleshoot to repair items.
- Be on call for emergent call outs of plant and equipment.
- Carry out a preventative maintenance program.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant workplace health and safety guidelines.
- Efficiently and effectively maintain resort gardens on a day to day basis.
- Assist with other departments when required.
- Assist with fleet service (touring or transfers etc).
- Complete all works as directed in the appropriate time frames given.
- Provide support to other departments when required.
- Loading and unloading of stores and equipment.
- Represent the company in a positive manner at all times
- Maintaining excellent grooming and hygiene ensuring all grooming standards are met in relation to personal grooming and uniform presentation
- Familiarise yourself with company philosophy, values, background and history
- Ensure that all Workplace Health and Safety requirements for the company are met within your team. Report any workplace hazards to the General Manager, support the company in its endeavour to provide a safe workplace and be responsible for an appropriate outcome.
- Abide by all reasonable instructions, company policies, regulations and common law
- Any other duties required by the General Manager or Duty Manager to perform
- Demonstrate your ability and willingness to work for and with the Traditional Owners
Skills and experience
Please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the below:
A wide range of skills is required for the role. It would be advantageous to possess the following skills:
- Small machine maintenance
- General building trade skills
- Experience in a similar role in a hotel, caravan park, visitor attraction or other commercial environments.
- Experience in remote/rural facility including solar, sewage, water plant management.
- Sound knowledge and experience in OHS practices and procedures
- Comprehensive experience with building services, trades, machinery and site access equipment.
- Experience working with an Indigenous workforce and/or Indigenous owners would be highly advantageous.
- Relevant trade qualification and experience
- Relevant equipment licences
- Current South Australian Driver's License is essential
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge
- Strong teamwork skills
- High level of organisational, communication and time management skills
- An ability to work with Aboriginal people ensuring culturally sensitivity
Personal Qualities / Behaviours
- Flexibility in approach to tasks allocated
- Co-operative approach to hotel and resort team and wider community
- Strong commitment to the principles and practices of OH&S
Benefits and perks
Staff can live on-site, if required, at subsidised rates. If you are innovative with a passion to succeed, we encourage you to apply.
Wilpena Pound Resort strongly encourages Yura people to apply for the position. Yura people and residents of Wilpena are encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)