UNDERGROUND MINING ENGINEER
Advertiser: Norton Gold Fields3.3333 out of 53.3 overall rating (21 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Dec 2020
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Salary+Bonus+Residential Allow+Health Ins+Benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Engineering & Maintenance
Location: Underground Sites
Salary: Salary + Performance Bonus + Residential Allowance + Private Health Cover + Insurance Allowance + Gym Membership Discount + Other Benefits
Residential: Kalgoorlie / Boulder
About Norton Gold Fields
Norton Gold Fields is one of Australia’s largest domestic gold producers, with recent annual production of up to 200,000 ounces. The Company has a mining and processing complex in Western Australia’s world-class Kalgoorlie goldfield region, including a highly prospective tenement package of more than 1,000km² surrounding the 3.8Mtpa Paddington Mill.
Currently Norton Gold Fields is progressing its expansion of two underground mine sites namely Tuart and Enterprise and various open pit projects such as Federal, Jakarta, Golden Funnel, Rose Dam South and Rose Dam North this year.
- Produce practical mine designs (including infrastructure and development required) to enable exploration of mining blocks over the LOM period.
- Produce and maintain rolling production schedules.
- Develop drill and blast designs to support scheduled targets.
- Communicate with the Shift Supervisor, crew and technical staff on plans and issues.
- Analyse and optimise ventilation systems.
- Undertake rigorous economic evaluations of individual mining blocks.
- Design development drives, stoping blocks, blast ring layouts and work plans are required.
- Identify and set production priorities.
- Complete reconciliations to measure and track design vs actual performance of designs.
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary / formal qualifications in Mining Engineering (Essential)
- Completed underground experience in operator roles.
- Proven track record in comparable role and operation (minimum 3 years) is essential.
- Current unrestricted “C” Class WA Manual Drivers Licence.
- Satisfactory NPC clearance.
- Current Dangerous Goods Card.
- Mines Rescue experience (desirable).
- Senior First Aid Certificate (desirable).
- Salary + Performance Bonus + Residential Allowance + Private Health Cover + Insurance Allowance + Gym Membership Discount + Other Benefits
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing programs including
- Discounted gym membership
- EAP support
- Family friendly roster
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application or forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have mine site experience?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?