Advertiser: Mpower Inc.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Dec 2020
- South West Coast VIC
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Physiotherapy, OT & Rehabilitation
Occupational Therapist - Paediatric
Mpower - Early Childhood Intervention Team
Full-Time or Part-time (EFT negotiable)
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Come and work in a dynamic team of professionals in the beautiful south west region of Victoria, where Warrnambool was recently voted Australia’s most liveable city.
Mpower is a well-established, successful, accredited not-for-profit community based organisation servicing the population in the south west of Victoria. Mpower has been providing a range of services to individuals and families in the south west for over 40 years.
Over time, Mpower has grown from a small voluntary service to an accredited agency employing more than 70 staff, and providing a range of support services to over 800 families regionally. Mpower has experienced vast growth in the past 3 years following the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the expansion of services.
Mpower’s services currently include:
- Early Childhood Intervention Service
- Disability Services
- Carer Support
- Community Development
- Community Transport
- Family Services
- Parent Support
About the Role:
Mpower’s Early Childhood Intervention Services are provided by a multidisciplinary team including Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Early Childhood Educators, Behaviour Support Practitioners and Assistants. As an integral part of the team, the Occupational Therapist primarily provides specialist Allied Health services within a Key Worker framework, to 0-7 year old children and families who are accessing the NDIS.
Mpower plans to expand its services in 2021, to be able to offer Occupational Therapy to older children with a disability, to complement the early childhood intervention services and provide a much-needed referral pathway for older children.
Why work with us?
- Mpower has a dynamic and vibrant team who work in a highly supportive environment.
- We love working together with children and their families, and we put them at the centre of everything we do
- We provide ongoing Professional Development both in-house and externally, to go towards your CPD hours. You will also have access to ongoing individual and peer supervision with our experienced Senior Occupational Therapy team.
- Staff are provided with their own smart phone and laptop, and fleet vehicles are available for use during work hours.
- We offer very generous salary packaging options
- Flexible work arrangements are available to support a healthy work-life balance.
- Enjoy the wonderful community and picturesque landscape of Warrnambool and the surrounding region, visitwarrnambool.com.au
You will be qualified, AHPRA-registered Occupational Therapist, who is motivated and energetic, and who wants to make a real difference to the lives of children and their families.
You will love working in a team, and you will thrive on the learning opportunities that come from working with professionals from other disciplines.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please call Kait Brown, Coordinator Early Childhood Intervention Services, on (03) 55618111.
For more information on how to apply and to obtain a copy of the position description, visit Mpower website: https://www.mpower.org.au/employment/
Please apply via Seek.
Applications close 5pm Monday 18 January 2021.
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?