Seedstock Property Manager - Ben Lomond Aggregation
Advertiser: PalgroveMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Dec 2020
- Tamworth & North West NSW
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
Seedstock Property Manager – Ben Lomond Aggregation
Palgrove is one of Australia’s leading suppliers of Charolais and Ultrablack beef cattle genetics.
An opportunity exists for a motivated, experienced and well organised Property Manager to join our dynamic team at our signature Ben Lomond property. This role requires at least five years’ experience in a management position overseeing beef seedstock/commercial production, pasture management and coordinating a team of employees.
This is a key role in Palgrove’s operations and involves:
- Operational property planning
- Cattle husbandry management
- Responsibility for WH & S
- Leading a team to collect and manage data within the stud recording system
- Developing and implementing pasture and infrastructure development plans
- Budget planning and reporting
You will have capacity and experience in the following areas:
- Managing a successful seedstock property
- Broad knowledge of intensive grazing operations and pastures
- Ability to lead a high performing team
- Sound computer skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Workplace safety and employee wellbeing
- Accuracy & attention to detail
A generous salary package will be offered in recognition of the responsibility associated with this senior management position.
An attractive home is available on property with primary and secondary school bus nearby. The property is located 20 minutes drive from Glen Innes.
If you are an experienced property manager who wants to continue your professional development by joining one of Australia’s most progressive beef enterprises, then please apply.
Please submit your cover letter and CV by clicking the "Apply for this job" button.
Applications close 25th January 2021.
Key words: beef, cattle, genetics, pasture, agriculture, farm manager, farming, agribusiness.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a property manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?