Consumer Participation & Experience Consultant
Advertiser: Mildura Base Public Hospital2.875 out of 52.9 overall rating (8 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Dec 2020
- Mildura & Murray
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Other
About the Organisation
Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH) has approximately 930 staff and is a 180 bed tertiary teaching hospital (Level 1) providing public hospital services on behalf of the Victorian Government to the community of Mildura and the Sunraysia District.
We aim to promote and provide a work environment that embraces a culture of continuous improvement and encourages professional development to support staff to maximise their growth potential.
About the Role
Mildura Base Public Hospital is seeking a key member to join our Quality and Risk team in this newly developed role. The Consumer Participation and Experience Consultant will coordinate the management process regarding concerns, compliments, comments and complaints across MBPH ensuring best practice complaints management and effective data collection.
The position will also support the co-ordination, promotion and evaluation of consumer participation and patient experience across MBPH. High level objectives:
- Assist and/or coordinate the implementation of systems to support partnering with patients, carers, families, and consumers to improve the safety and quality of care including patient experience.
- Promote the use of systems and processes for partnering with consumers, with patients, carers, families, consumers, clinicians and other members of the workforce.
Promote and facilitate patient, carer, family and consumer participation in service planning, designing care, service measurement and evaluation
- Relevant tertiary qualification in health, human services or community field
- Experience in a consumer/community related role or position
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to speak and interact with consumers that are emotional and stressed
- A demonstrated understanding of patient, carer and consumer participation in healthcare
- Knowledge and experience in complaint handling and customer service would be advantageous
What we can offer you
- Access to Salary Packaging (pay less tax!) and novated leasing
- Staff Wellbeing Program and Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive and innovative team environment
- Our Location! Further information regarding Mildura @ www.visitmildura.com.au
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
For a position description, please visit our website www.mbph.org.au
For further information please contact Andrea Floyd, Director of Quality and Risk via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?