Director - Military & Veteran Health Research
Advertiser: Gallipoli Medical Research FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Dec 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Clinical/Medical Research
Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation
The Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation (GMRF) is a world-class research facility located at the Greenslopes Private Hospital in Brisbane, Queensland. GMRF supports and facilitates innovative research in human health and wellbeing and in the biomedical sciences. Our first-class facilities house a fully equipped PC2 laboratory, exceptional multidisciplinary collaboration spaces and an award-winning Clinical Trials Unit.
For the past seven years and in partnership with RSL Queensland, GMRF researchers have established a nationally and internationally recognised research program investigating the physical and mental health challenges faced by the veteran community. Funding for a further five years is assured.
Our goal now is to build upon the current body of veteran health research through the expansion of key research initiatives and to progress translational projects to further enhance the health and well being of veterans, their families and the wider community.
GMRF is closely affiliated with the University of Queensland.
The Director will bring to life the vision and mission of our veteran health and wellbeing research portfolio.
The Director will have an exciting opportunity to lead a multi-disciplinary team, foster a collaborative culture, and further develop research programs and research priorities. The Director will establish productive and mutually beneficial relationships with all major research collaborators, and will be expected to lead the team to the next level of performance, building upon the existing strengths and relationships.
Academic affiliation at an appropriate level will be negotiated between GMRF and a relevant university partner for the successful applicant.
- A PhD or equivalent with academic strength in Behavioural Science.
- An outstanding track record in health related research as evidenced by high impact and cited publications, with internationally recognised achievements in the field.
- A track record of academic leadership in relevant health related research to support and grow a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven track record for effective team management including staff resourcing, employee development and performance management.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining strong collaborative national and international academic relationships with leading scholars.
- Demonstrated high standards of research integrity, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- An ability to establish effective relationships and to represent and promote the activities at an institutional and wider community level, including university, government, and professional bodies.
- Experience in management of finances and resources within a research-based organisation with rapidly evolving research activities.
- Experience working with/knowledge of the veteran community.
- Experience with commercialisation and/or commercial application of innovative technologies.
This is a part-time, fixed-term appointment for 5 years. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Salary sacrificing will be available.
All applicants must supply a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and resume. To submit an application for this role, please use the Apply for this job button below.
Applications close at 4pm, on Thursday 21 January 2021.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?