Apprentice Workforce Adviser
Advertiser: Migas LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Dec 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Account & Relationship Management
We are seeking a full time Apprentice Workforce Adviser to provide support and on-the-job mentorship to new and continuing apprentices and trainees undertaking their training at a wide variety of employers based across South East Queensland.
There are two different but complementary sides to the role of an Apprentice Workforce Adviser.
On one hand you will be out and about visiting your apprentices and trainees while they work. In doing so you'll provide an effective support mechanism to ensure each apprentice and trainee in your care progresses in their training from commencement to completion.
Just as importantly, you'll also build authentic, meaningful relationships with our customers (we call them host employers) to provide responsive service, thoughtful solutions and create new business.
There's no doubt about it – this is a people focused role and each day will look a little different.
A day in the life
The scope of an Apprentice Workforce Adviser role may be broad but the outcomes we're looking are clear. Here's what success looks like to a high performing Apprentice Workforce Adviser:
- Deal proactively with apprentice/trainee support needs which range from navigating on-the-job issues, juggling training commitments and managing what (for many) may be their first experience in the workforce.
- Overcome performance or behavioural issues through ongoing monitoring, feedback and liaison with host employer supervisory staff.
- Provide advice and assistance to host employers and stakeholders involved in the apprentice/trainee and employment cycle including training organisations and government support agencies.
- Take active involvement in supporting business development and recruitment activities that expand MIGAS's host network and apprentice/trainee placements.
- Ensure the administrative inputs to documenting and tracking and apprenticeship are recorded, accurate and always up to date.
We’re looking for someone who is keen to make a big impact in a relatively short time. To stand out you'll need to demonstrate personal resilience, strong emotional strong interpersonal and communication skills, be a natural problem solver and be able to think on your feet.
We've found that some of our most successful Apprentice Workforce Advisers have developed their skills in different industries and varied roles…and not necessarily from within the apprenticeship training sector.
You may have honed your skills in a learning and development or a hands-on HR role, coordinating projects where relationships are key or have worked "out in the field" with a sales and service focus.
You must be comfortable being on the road and travelling regularly around the South East Queensland region.
So, if the challenges, priorities and outputs of this role are appealing, we'd like to hear from you.
Features and benefits
- Ongoing access to a fleet vehicle to undertake client visits;
- Attractive remuneration package that includes 9.5% superannuation;
- Tools of trade including laptop and mobile phone;
- Fantastic flexibility and work/life balance;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Work with a "For Purpose" organisation with a warm and welcoming culture that places people and customers first
MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees is Australia's leading apprenticeship employer. We are a forward thinking, commercially astute not-for-profit organisation that exists to reinvest in our people and clients.
For more than 30 years we've created employment pathways for apprentices and trainees. We work with some of Australia's best known employers right through to small business owners and sole traders.
Nobody knows Australian trade apprenticeships quite like MIGAS.
This position is available now. Please include your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
For more information about this position, please contact Tanith Jones, People and Safety Manager, on 1300 464 427 or email email@example.com.
To be considered for this role you must have a valid, clean driver's license and have, or be able to obtain, a Working with Children card.
Due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. Please note: If you do not meet the above selection criteria, or you do not provide us with a cover letter, you will not be considered for this position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?