Occupational Hygienist / Graduate
Advertiser: Occupational Hygiene Consulting Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Dec 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Health, Safety & Environment
Excellent opportunity for a passionate person to join the exciting field of occupational hygiene and with the Hunter Valley's leading occupational hygiene consulting business.
Working closely with Senior and Principle level Hygienists, the primary focus will be to assist with all things occupational hygiene and the prevention of occupational disease for our clients. The diversity of workplace hygiene hazards you will experience will be second to none!
You will become experienced in a variety of office and site based work including:
- Conducting personal air sampling for dusts, metals, fibres, and other chemicals in accordance with relevant standards or guidance documents;
- Conducting noise surveys;
- Auditing chemical use and storage;
- Assisting with health and hygiene risk assessments;
- Providing input to technical reports;
- Using scientific testing equipment associated with occupational hygiene;
- Building relationships and supporting our growing team.
You will have:
- High attention to detail for record keeping and sampling purposes, along with skills in MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, Sharepoint
- Safety focus
- Energy and commitment including initiative and use critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Key Criteria you will meet:
- University degree in chemistry or other suitable related scientific field
- Preferable post graduate qualifications in occupational hygiene or relevant short courses
- Past experience will be looked upon favorably.
This position is adaptable for the right person starting in the field or someone that is keen to continue their path to become a Certified Occupational Hygienist with the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH). Our clients are based in the Hunter Valley and regional NSW.
Occupational Hygiene Consulting is offering a competitive remuneration package to invest in someone looking to invest in themselves. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects under the mentorship of an experienced COH. We support our staff to develop professionally.
If you believe you fit this description and want to be part of a dynamic and growing professional company, please submit your CV by applying through this site.
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Which of the following confined space courses have you completed?