Senior Environmental Approvals Advisor
Advertiser: Fosterville Gold Mine Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Dec 2020
- Bendigo, Goldfields & Macedon Ranges
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Health, Safety & Environment
Kirkland Lake Gold is an international mining and exploration company focused on safely meeting production targets and sustainable growth. The company owns and operates the Fosterville Gold Mine in Central Victoria.
The Fosterville Gold Mine is a world class mining operation which is located approximately 20 kilometres east of Bendigo in Central Victoria. With its population of approx 120,000 people, Bendigo is one of Victoria’s largest and fastest growing rural cities and offers a great lifestyle choice.
The predominantly owner miner operations are currently expanding rapidly and have embarked on an exciting growth stage to become one of the premier underground gold mines in Australia.
SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL APPROVALS ADVISOR
Fosterville Gold Mine invites suitably qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the position of Senior Environmental Approvals Advisor. The primary purpose of this position is to provide strategic advice and technical support for environmental approvals at the Fosterville site.
Reporting to the Environment & Community Superintendent, your duties will include:
- Provide strategic advice on the planning and approvals for site projects.
- Lead the preparation of environmental approvals and supporting documentation for site projects.
- Advise on project design concepts and risk assessments to ensure environmental, social and economic aspects are appropriately considered.
- Coordinate information requests and facilitate the acquisition and distribution of data required to inform and progress project approvals.
- Coordinate and review environmental technical reports related to project approvals.
- Project manage a team of consultants and contractors associated with the environmental approvals.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the stakeholder engagement strategy for project approvals.
- Assist with the preparation and review of engagement materials associated with project approvals, such as information sheets, posters, presentations, etc.
- Coordinate and assist with the response to project enquiries/feedback from landholders and community members.
- Establish and maintain key regulatory relationships, including representatives from ERR and DELWP.
- Develop and maintain the project approvals schedule and provide regular progress reports on the status of key items/milestones.
- Coordinate project administration functions associated with environmental approvals, including invoicing, budgeting and financial reporting.
- Assist with other environment and community matters as requested by Environment & Community Superintendent or Director Environment and Government Relations Australia.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Planning or equivalent
- Certificate IV Project Management (preferable)
- Community Engagement/Communications training (preferable)
- Demonstrated experience managing environmental impact assessments/statements at both State Significant and Commonwealth levels.
- Sound knowledge of environmental monitoring methods, data analysis and environmental management systems.
- Experience in technical report preparation and review.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in environmental approvals and planning legislation (preferably Victorian)
- Exceptional project management skills and experience coordinating project approvals for the mining industry
- Experience developing and implementing stakeholder engagement strategies for large scale projects (preferably mining-related)
- Proven stakeholder relationship development and collaboration skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, as well as excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and decision-making skills
The roster for this residential position will be Monday – Friday.
A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications, knowledge and experience. If required, relocation assistance will be provided. A functional capacity/medical assessment and a national crime check will form part of the recruitment process.
For more company information please view our website at www.klgold.com.
“Fosterville Gold Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer”
Please submit your application by 22nd January 2021 by clicking the Apply for this job button and responding to the Key Selection Criteria
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have mine site experience?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?