Advertiser: Norton Gold Fields3.3333 out of 53.3 overall rating (21 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Dec 2020
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Salary+Bonus+Residential Allow+Health Ins+Benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
Roster: Permanent Full-time
Salary: Salary + Performance Bonus + Residential Allowance + Private Health Cover + Insurance Allowance + Gym Membership Discount + Other Benefits
This position manages the upgrade and installation of new hardware and software, perform troubleshooting to address any problems with computer systems, and assess viruses and potential threats to a company’s network.
About Norton Gold Fields
Norton Gold Fields are seeking highly motivated and disciplined graduate geologists to be trained and assist with our geology function across exploration, resource development and mining. Candidates will demonstrate the Norton Values of Zero Harm, Teamwork, Innovation, Performance Driven, and Efficiency during your daily work.
- Work as first point of contact for all IT issues and liaise with key stakeholders.
- Monitor and maintain the security of company IT infrastructure.
- Liaise with ICT providers to resolve “Help Desk” issues, configure hardware and software, user permissions, implement back up processes and assess systems for upgrades or replacement.
- Research and provide technical advice on the implementation of new technologies and systems as required.
- Administer software, license purchase, maintenance and upgrade, provide advice on optimised solutions and alternative products through market research, comparison and analysis;
- Develop and maintain systems and processes for the efficient roll-out of software and configuration across the company computer systems.
- Review company computer systems to ensure that all aspects are operating efficiently.
- Establish, administer and maintain all asset register, stock take, user register, monthly reports, identify issues and provide suggestions to solutions.
- Develop and implement ICT system related policies, procedures, and solution documentation, provide training to users when required;
- Manage network and data security, implement effective solutions such as controls, backups and firewalls to ensure data and system security and integrity;
- Oversee data backup and manage data retrieval in the event of emergency or system failure;
- Update company website and intranet, provide technical support to intranet construction and database maintenance;
- Other tasks as required.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 to 3 years work experience providing IT systems and network administration support within a business environment
- Competency in providing support service for MS related technologies, e.g. windows, office 365, SQL server and database administration;
- Competent with Router Switch & Cisco Products, including remote access & Layer 3 Switching; Antivirus & Updates and general maintenance activities
- Competent user of MS office suite
- familiar with popular network servers, operating systems, security programs and software
- Experience with server and system performance tuning, design and implementation, monitoring and maintenance
- Familiarity with networking services: DNS, DHCP
- previous mining industry experience preferable
- Current unrestricted "C" Class WA Manual Drivers Licence (desirable)
- Team player and proactive
- Salary + Performance Bonus + Residential Allowance + Private Health Cover + Insurance Allowance + Gym Membership Discount + Other Benefits
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing programs including
- Discounted gym membership
- EAP support
- Family friendly roster
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application or forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in ICT?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?