Occupational Hygienist (Consultant)
Advertiser: ADE Consulting GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jan 2021
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Other
Health and Safety Services Department:
Our highly qualified team of Occupational Hygienists, including Certified Occupational Hygienists (COH) recognised by the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH), and LAAs have extensive experience in undertaking Occupational and Industrial Hygiene investigations throughout Australia for a wide range of Clients and projects, providing reliable and trusted expert support and advice.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Independently conduct OH fieldworks and reports to AIOH Standards and Codes of Practices
- Develop to client trusted advisors
- Preparation of OHHWMPs
- Undertake method refinement / improvements
- Chemical Exposure Monitoring
- Workplace Safety Studies and Risk Assessments
- Heat Stress & Ergonomic Studies
- Mould Assessments
- Clandestine Lab Assessments and Post Remediation Validation
- Monitoring of air contaminants including dust, silica, chemical and microbiological contaminants as well as noise and indoor air quality
- Providing comprehensive technical reports within designated time frames and expectations of Clients
Skills and Experience (Criteria):
- Minimum 4 years experience, preferably with localised consultancy experience
- Qualifications in Occupational Hygiene or Environmental Science or equivalent
- High level initiative, motivation and interest in developing as an Occupational Hygienist
- Strong background in equipment selection, Monitoring and data interpretation
- Asbestos Hygienist skills and/or HAZMAT interests (preferable, not required)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Hold a current/valid Australian driver’s license and white card
- Australian Citizenship or rights to work in Australia
- Member of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygiene (MAIOH)
ADE can offer:
- Training across all levels of Occupational Hygiene and career development
- Excellent mix of Occupational Hygiene Projects
- Experience-based salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Dynamic working environment with highly motivated, qualified and supportive team members
- Field and office composed work
Attractive salary offered to the right candidate.
To be considered please forward your resume, certifications and a application letter addressing the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org for an immediate interview.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in science?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- Which of the following types of infrastructure project do you have experience with?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?