Leading Hand - Heavy Duty Mechanic/ Fitter
Advertiser: MLG Oz Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jan 2021
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Automotive Trades
About the Business
Based in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, with operational satellite locations across regional Australia, MLG’s business has grown over the last 19 years to employ more than 700 employees and contractors across 20 sites. MLG operates a modern fleet of on and off-road bulk haulage equipment, crushing and screening plant and earthmoving fleet, all maintained to the highest standard on site and in Kalgoorlie. MLG prides itself on being a contractor of choice and an industry leader, with its core focus positioned around delivering tailored mining services solutions.
- Super paid on all hours worked
- 5 weeks annual leave, paid at hours worked
- Paid meal breaks
- Depending on your home location you could be eligible for remote housing benefits or the ability to salary sacrifice onward FIFO flights
- Corporate Superannuation plan with discounted administration fees
- Long term PERMANENT full-time positions
- Camp accommodation will be supplied at no charge
- All meals included when in camp, including crib for rostered days on.
- Well maintained and regularly serviced Road Trains (all Kenworth Fleet).
- Uniforms, boots and all basic PPE is supplied.
MLG are currently seeking a 'hands on' leading hand to join our Leonora site.
Reporting to the Site Manager, this position is:
- 2:1 roster, day shift
- Permanent full-time position
To be successful in your application, you will need the following
- Relevant trade qualifications required to perform your duties as a Heavy Duty Fitter
- Previous experience as a leading hand
- Working knowledge of plant and site equipment mechanics, maintenance requirements and associated procedures (including trailers)
- Personal initiative, motivation and drive, with the demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and in a team to achieve work outcomes
- Strong time management, communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Sound record keeping skills and good knowledge of workshop operations
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary work teams
Experience with PRONTO would also be advantageous.
The experience with following equipment will be highly regarded:
- Caterpillar 980 & 988
- Mack and Kenworth Prime Movers.
- Previous mine site experience
Does this sound like you? To take the next step in your career, click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure you include an updated resume with contactable references with your application.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Alternatively, if you would like more information contact Human Resources on (08) 9022 7746 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our website to view our other opportunities and to sign up to receive job alerts. https://www.mlgoz.com.au/careers/
As a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, MLG respects and embrace people from all walks of life. We strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have mine site experience?