Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics
Advertiser: MLG Oz Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jan 2021
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Engineering & Maintenance
About the Business
Based in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, with operational satellite locations across regional Australia, MLG’s business has grown over the last 19 years to employ more than 700 employees and contractors across 20 sites. MLG operates a modern fleet of on and off-road bulk haulage equipment, crushing and screening plant and earthmoving fleet, all maintained to the highest standard on site and in Kalgoorlie. MLG prides itself on being a contractor of choice and an industry leader, with its core focus positioned around delivering tailored mining services solutions.
- Super paid on all hours worked
- 5 weeks annual leave, paid at hours worked
- Paid meal breaks
- Depending on your home location you could be eligible for remote housing benefits or the ability to salary sacrifice onward FIFO flights
- Corporate Superannuation plan with discounted administration fees
- Long term PERMANENT full-time positions
- Camp accommodation will be supplied at no charge
- All meals included when in camp, including crib for rostered days on.
- Well maintained and regularly serviced Road Trains (all Kenworth Fleet).
- Uniforms, boots and all basic PPE is supplied.
About the role
MLG are currently seeking experienced Heavy Duty Mechanics to join our operations.
Reporting to the Site Manager, this position is:
- 2:1 Roster
- Permanent full-time position
Skills and Experience
- Undertake preventative maintenance and servicing of the road trains and mobile plant equipment
- Carry out rebuilds of Engines, Gearboxes and Differentials
- Diagnose and fault find electrical and hydraulic defects
- Completing work orders and record all parts and inventory to a high standard
- Maintain workshop equipment in accordance with specifications and working conditions
To be successful in your application, you will need the following:
- Relevant Trade Qualifications required to perform your duties as a Heavy-Duty Diesel Mechanic
- A Current Driver's Licence.
- A Current National police check or ability to obtain one
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and Commercial drivers medical and drug/alcohol screening.
- Must provide current & contactable references
What's on offer
- Being a valued and integral part of the team
- A fantastic opportunity to work for a leader in our industry
- Family orientated atmosphere
- Job security and long-term employment
- Access to training plans and training opportunities
- Ability to work on highly maintained equipment
- Being part of a team leading change throughout the business
The experience with following equipment will be highly regarded:
- Kenworth and Mack Primemovers
- Caterpillar Mobile Plant – FEL
- Trailer Repairs
- Strong Working knowledge of maintenance requirements, fault finding and associated procedures for Mobile Plant and Road Trains
Does this sound like you? To take the next step in your career, click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure you include an updated resume with contactable references with your application.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Alternatively, if you would like more information contact Human Resources on (08) 9022 7746 / email@example.com
Check out our website to view our other opportunities and to sign up to receive job alerts.
As a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, MLG respects and embrace people from all walks of life. We strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?