Indigenous Non-Destructive Testing Trainees
Advertiser: HunterNet Group Training CompanyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jan 2021
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Maintenance
HunterNet Group Training in partnership with our host company are seeking proactive and motivated Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders to start as Non-Destructive Testing Trainees. As a trainee, located within the Surat Basin region, you will primarily be conducting radiography testing for the Origin contract.
Our host company provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of markets and industries around the globe. They continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services.
We are looking for bright individuals with a strong work ethic who are interested in completing a Certificate III in Engineering - Technical. The successful applicants will complete this traineeship over 12 months while gaining on-the-job experience with an internationally recognised company.
As a trainee your main duties will include:
- Roster of 13 days on and 15 days off
- Working within the oil and gas team carrying out routine NDT testing
- Assist senior technicians with NDT
- Cleaning items for carrying out testing
- Tablet based reporting for clients
- Attending TAFE and maintaining a high standard of work
- Drivers Licence
- Reliable transport
- White Card
- Computer literate
- Commitment to WHS
- Strong work ethic
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Be willing to do shift work
- Be willing to relocate to Dalby, Miles, Chinchilla or Roma
- Working at heights ticket
- Confined spaces ticket
Please note that you must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to be eligible for this role.
To make application for the position please send through a cover letter and resume.
As part of the recruitment process, suitable applicants will be required to complete pre-employment medical testing including drug and alcohol screening.
Due the high volume of applications we receive only successful applicants will be contacted.
HunterNet Group Training Limited engages apprentices and trainees on behalf of employers, with the aim of achieving high quality outcomes through a partnership approach.