Advertiser: Discover EnergyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jan 2021
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Strategy & Planning
Discover Energy is a young and growing electricity retailer and developer of renewable energy generation assets. An energy retailer that puts green at the forefront of our business. With a focus on Solar & Storage to create greater savings, and a greener future for generations to come.
When you work with us, believe in smart. It will change the world. Smarter technology. Smarter systems that become simpler systems. By working smart, we believe our vision to change the planet’s energy use for a sustainable future can become our reality. So, we work smarter, each day to advance the revolution in smart sustainable energy for our customers. Because if they are with us, then they want to change the world too.
About the role
As the VPP Strategist, you will be an integral member of the senior leadership team, working closely with both the CEO and COO to lead the company’s expansion and growth in the Distributed Energy Resources revolution.
- Strategising and leading the market expansion of energy products including Virtual Power Plants (VPPs), portfolios of DERs and ancillary services in the NEM;
- Engaging and maintaining strategic partnerships with key industry stakeholders, policy makers, DNSPs and technology partners to explore new business avenues especially in market ancillary services;
- Identifying business innovation opportunities and competitive market positioning with emerging energy and IT technologies;
- Developing and implementing VPP management and operational roadmaps.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience within the Energy space (prior working relationship with DNSPs and/or AEMO will be highly regarded);
- In-depth technical knowledge of DERs (behind-the-meter renewable generation, energy storage, inverters, electric vehicles, and other controlled loads) and ancillary services (FCAS, NSCAS);
- Working knowledge of energy management systems (highly desired);
- Deep understanding of the energy regulatory and policy landscapes;
- Proven track record of developing new business with ability to provide examples of successful projects won;
- High level of consulting, influencing interpersonal and communication skills with strong determination to achieve results;
- Ability to multi-task effectively, think critically and take initiatives.
What's in it for you?
Besides an attractive salary, a generous bonus scheme, Discover Energy values employees and provides great employee benefits such as a Health and Wellness program, complimentary fresh fruit and smoothies in all of our offices.
You will also get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative professionals in the energy sector.
The position will grow and expand as Discover Energy grows and develops into a leading Energy Retailer in the future. The sky’s the limit for your career aspirations.
Submit your CV by clicking the "Apply" button below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role where you were involved in developing programs & strategies for climate change adaptation?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?