Residential Supervisor (Relocate to Mossman Gorge )
Advertiser: Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia3.4054 out of 53.4 overall rating (74 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jan 2021
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Indigenous & Multicultural Services
This position is based at the Mossman Gorge Centre (MGC) in Queensland and would be working for the National Indigenous Training Academy (NITA) part of the business.
The National Indigenous Training Academy (NITA) aims to change the lives of Indigenous Australian’s by providing market leading training and employment programs and empowering a growing Indigenous workforce.
In partnership with Registered Training Organisations, NITA delivers a number of nationally recognised qualifications and provides critical long-term pathways into the workforce across the hospitality, tourism, horticulture and retail sectors.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Residential Supervisor to work with the NITA Operations Manager MGC to plan, manage and implement the delivery of a nationally accredited, high quality, workplace-based training program and related wellbeing support services at MGC that maximises learner outcomes, successful completions and contributes to the strategic goals and objectives of NITA and Voyages.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning and managing wellbeing residential programs for Indigenous trainees
- Working with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective operation and delivery of the wellbeing residential programs
- Coordination of residential services as it relates to the team, infrastructure and training organisation
- Organising rosters and job tasks for trainees, houseparents, drivers and other related roles of NITA
- Building and maintaining relationships with local community, host employers, external service providers and internal and external stakeholders
- Support the compliance and safety of trainees and team members
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Certificate III in Community Services or similar desirable
- Current First Aid Certificate and Food Safety Unity of Competency
- Hospitality experience (highly desirable)
- Passionate about training and building staff retention
- Functional expertise designing wellbeing programs
- Current Manual drivers licence/ MR license an advantage
- Working with children certification relevant to Queensland.
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Highly developed facilitation experience
- Experience designing wellbeing programs
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Self-motivated and strong organisational skills
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer you onsite accommodation, staff discounts and meals on duty.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity, then please apply now.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
A Criminal History Check is a mandatory step of the recruitment process.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?