Advertiser: Santa Maria CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jan 2021
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Santa Maria College is an all girls' Catholic College, founded by the Sisters of Mercy with 1,280 students from Year 5 to Year 12 which includes 150 boarders.
We are seeking to appoint a College Psychologist with experience working in schools.
The College Psychologist will be part of a team who provide psychological support to students and ensure they are able to maximise their opportunities while at school.
The role is a full-time ongoing position commencing Term 1 2021. However, part-time applicants are also encouraged to apply to share the role.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of and commitment to the ethos and values of Catholic and Mercy education
- Knowledge of effective strategies, therapies and programmes for an all girls environment
- Ability to effectively counsel individuals and/or groups on matters which affect the well being of students. This may include learning, social, emotional and mental health issues
- Connections with and knowledge of external services for referral
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to foster positive relationships with students, staff and parents
- Highly developed ICT skills
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning
- Registration with the Psychologist Board of Western Australia
- Working With Children Check
The College provides an excellent teaching environment, with outstanding facilities. Our Mercy values provide the foundation of all we do and we have a strong Pastoral Care program. We offer a positive learning environment where all staff and students are encouraged to strive for excellence to reach their potential.
Santa Maria is committed to providing a safe, supportive learning environment so that students can thrive.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Both men and women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Applications close Friday, 15 January 2021 at 9.00 am.
Further information about the College is available on our website www.santamaria.wa.edu.au
Your application should include:
- Completion of the SEEK on-line Application.
- A full Resume.
- A one page letter addressing selection criteria
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.