Safety and Support Officer
Advertiser: Uniting WAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jan 2021
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- $35.50 per hour inclusive of casual loading
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
About the role
We assist adults in crisis who have been referred from outreach or other support services. Our team provide essential services such as showers and food, and we also work 1:1 with people to understand their individual needs and support them to access the services that are right for them.
Tranby is a safe, supportive environment where people are welcomed exactly as they are. We support people to develop the capacity and skills they need to move from crisis towards secure, long-term accommodation.
You will provide roving and static security and engage with clients in a person centered way, showing compassion and understanding for their presenting needs and circumstances and support the active referral team to assist in achieving client outcomes. Please see below for a link to the position description for further details.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated ability to manage the delivery of holistic support to individuals experiencing crisis due to homelessness, risk of homelessness which may include substance abuse, disability and mental health issues, and people of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, service users, volunteers, community agencies and other professionals
- Well-developed organisational skills and an ability to perform multiple tasks in an environment that may have conflicting and changing priorities
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with complex clients to achieve positive outcomes
- Demonstrated knowledge of referral services and agencies
- Demonstrated referral, assessment and support planning
- Demonstrated ability to function as part of a small team
- High level of computer literacy in MS Word and Excel.
You must also have the following to be able to successfully apply for this position:
- A minimum of a Certificate II Security operations
- Current first aid certificate
- National police clearance issued within the last 6 months or the ability to obtain one
Working with Uniting
At Uniting, we exist to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We act with impact. We work to address the causes of vulnerability and disadvantage, and we stand for a just society where individuals and communities are valued and connected.
As an organisation, we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We're a not-for-profit community services organisation of the Uniting Church Western Australia and part of the UnitingCare Australia network.
We're bold and respectful, compassionate and imaginative. And we'll support you to belong and thrive.
We value social and cultural diversity, and we're committed to a safe workplace. We strongly encourage applications from First Peoples, people who have lived experience, people with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature age workers.
Uniting is committed to providing a nurturing environment where all children feel safe, valued and heard.
How to apply
Please apply through the SEEK website, providing a covering letter together with current resume.
Enquiries can be directed to Amy, via email@example.com
A position description outlining further details will be available at https://unitingwa.org.au/join-the-team/
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you have a minimum of a Certificate II Security Operations
- Do you have experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness