Senior Manager Internal Audit
Advertiser: RSL Queensland4.0811 out of 54.1 overall rating (37 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jan 2021
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Audit - Internal
Building Bright Futures
We’re not who you think we are.
Our focus on building a brighter future for Australia’s veterans is as strong as ever, and we’re doing it in amazing and innovative ways! From evidence-based interventions that make a real difference to veterans’ quality of life, to a best-in-breed tech platform that supports and enables veterans through membership, service delivery, and our Sub Branch network.
With Australia’s most successful prize home lottery backing us, you’ll have access to the best technology, skilled co-workers and interesting projects that will allow you the opportunity to grow your career with us.
The Senior Manager Internal Audit is responsible for the delivery of internal audits in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter and the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), under the direction of the Audit & Risk Committee.
The Senior Manager Internal Audit is also responsible for the formulation and delivery of the yearly Internal Audit Plan (the Internal Audit Plan), presenting audit reports to the Audit & Risk Committee and coordinating follow-up audits on previously identified internal audit issues and observations.
The Senior Manager Internal Audit reports functionally to the Chief Legal Officer and has an assurance role with a line of reporting to the Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Work with key stakeholders, including the Risk and Compliance Team, to understand key assurance activities across the three lines of defence.
- Set a tone of integrity and ethics that permeates throughout the internal audit function. Maintain at all times the independence of the internal audit function from the functions of management.
- Provide ad-hoc advice, technical assistance with investigations, special audits, and provide subject matter expertise, as needed.
- Ensure methodical documentation of work plans, testing results, conclusions and recommendations in line with the Internal Audit Manual and IPPF.
- Develop, in consultation with the Audit & Risk Committee, a set of key performance indicators. Evaluate and report, in a timely manner, on key performance indicators.
- Communicate audit issues, areas of risk and plans to address those issues and risk to various parts of the organisation in an effective manner.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills, along with an ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Information Technology, or a related field.
- CIA, CPA or CA qualified.
- A minimum of 10 years of related work experience with at least 3 years in an internal audit management role or equivalent.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present to senior management and the Board.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to influence and build productive working relationships with people of all levels within an organisation.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Previous experience working in a highly regulated organisation is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience working with internal audit providers is desirable.
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
For a copy of the position description please email Andrew Bell, Head of Talent Acquisition - email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of auditing experience do you have?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?