UNDERGROUND MINE SURVEYOR
Advertiser: Norton Gold Fields3.3333 out of 53.3 overall rating (21 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jan 2021
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Salary+Bonus+Residential Allow+Health Ins+Benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Surveying
Location: Tuart Underground
Salary: Salary + Performance Bonus + Residential Allowance + Private Health Cover + Insurance Allowance + Gym Membership Discount + Other Benefits
About Norton Gold Fields
Norton Gold Fields is seeking an Underground Mine Surveyor to join the Underground team at our Tuart Operations, based in Kalgoorlie. An Employer of Choice with a Clear Growth Strategy, Norton Gold Fields provides career opportunities that benefit you and the local community.
Reporting to the Underground Manager - Tuart, this role is for the supervision of survey control in the mining operation. Duties include collection and accurate interpretation of spatial data which is integrated into the mine planning and reporting process.
- Conduct surveys of all underground openings and ongoing maintenance of the underground void model.
- Measuring total volume of material moved.
- Measuring underground excavations.
- Installing lines and grades in development ends and stopes.
- Pegging out areas to be mined.
- Surveying mine configuration; and locating blast and exploration drill holes.
- Provide all relevant survey data to mine production/ management personnel in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Produce plans as and when required including development memos, traffic management plans, emergency plans, statutory mine plans.
- Work safely and contribute to safety systems of underground operations.
- Work closely with all mine personnel to aid in the effective running of an underground operation.
- Ensure the cleaning and maintenance of all survey equipment is done on a regular basis.
- Any other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years' survey experience in underground mine environment.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Experienced with laser mark ups
- Knowledge of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations (1994)
- Experienced with Surpac and MPX mining software
- Experienced with GPS tools
- Competent with demonstrated skills in spreadsheet and presentation applications, word processing and database applications.
- Salary + Performance Bonus + Residential Allowance + Private Health Cover + Insurance Allowance + Gym Membership Discount + Other Benefits
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing programs including
- Discounted gym membership
- EAP support
- Family friendly roster
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application or forward your application to email@example.com.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Do you have mine site experience?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.