Team Leader, Peer Networks and Capacity-Building
Advertiser: JFA Purple OrangeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jan 2021
- $85,000 - $92,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
We are hiring!
Are you an experienced team leader who is deeply committed to seeing people living with disability get a fair go? Do you have experience in successfully managing projects to completion? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
JFA Purple Orange is a social-profit organisation working to create a world where people who live with disability get a fair go at everything life has to offer. Our activities include: providing information services to the disability community; supporting the emergence and maintenance of peer networks; providing capacity-building opportunities to the disability community; conducting research and developing policy proposals; delivering consultations to inform government policy; telling the stories of people living with disability; and delivering government-funded programs.
We are seeking a confident and articulate leader who is able to work as part of the Purple Orange community.
The Team Leader, Peer Networks and Capacity-Building will lead a team of staff working on a range of initiatives supporting people living with disability to connect to peer networks, capacity-building, and leadership development. This includes Disability Elders of All Ages (DEAA), Our Voice SA, SKILL, and Enabled Youth Disability Network (EYDN).
For this role you will:
- Have a deep commitment to human rights and inclusion
- Have highly developed project leadership skills, including delivering projects on time and on budget
- Have had previous success leading a diverse team of staff
- Be comfortable overseeing the varied work of project staff that includes peer network activities, capacity building workshops and peer mentor training packages
- Have a leadership style that is results-based, developmental, and inclusive
This role is offered on a full-time basis for 2 years; reduced hours are possible. Salary packaging options are available. People living with disability are encouraged to apply.
For more information about Purple Orange and a copy of the job and person specifications, go to www.purpleorange.org.au
How to apply
Address your application to Mr Robbi Williams, CEO, Purple Orange. Applications (cover letter and CV) should be submitted via SEEK.
Applications now close 11:59pm on Sunday 17 January 2021.