Advertiser: Pilbara Community Legal Service Inc.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jan 2021
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- $30 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
The Pilbara Community Legal Service Inc. (PCLS) is a non-profit, government-funded community organisation that provides a range of free services which include legal advice, financial counselling, tenancy advocacy and support, domestic violence advocacy and support, migrant settlement, redress support and disability advocacy services. PCLS is a well-established and highly valued part of the Pilbara social infrastructure with offices in Karratha, Roebourne, South Hedland and Newman.
Qualifications & experience
- Excellent administration, reception and customer service skills, knowledge and experience.
- Good written communication skills in the preparation of draft correspondence, i.e. meeting agendas, minutes, letters, memorandums, newsletters etc.
- Good interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively and professionally with a range of internal and external key stakeholders.
- Computer literacy skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc) along with the ability to understand and apply the use of other database systems relevant to this position. MYOB and Employment hero experience highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to solve problems, to resolve conflict and to manage own time.
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritise work and to meet strict deadlines ensuring work produced is of a high standard each and every time.
- Ability to interact sensitively and effectively with a broad range of individuals including Aboriginal and CALD clients, community groups, Government and Non-Government agencies.
- Current ‘C’ Class WA Driver’s License.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Provide a professional level of administrative support within an environment of competing priorities.
- Coordinate and manage diaries and calendars as requested.
- Receive and direct incoming telephone calls and attend to visitors.
- Raise purchase orders, purchase consumables, stationery and equipment and arrange maintenance of equipment as required / approved including collation of accounts for payment.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence i.e. letters, memorandums, minutes, agendas.
- Interact with diplomacy and professionalism with a diverse range of internal and external clients and provide advice and initiate appropriate action to enquiries.
- Ensuring expenditure is accurately recorded in MYOB/ relevant spreadsheets.
- Anticipate the needs of the service in relation to forthcoming meetings and events and make appropriate advance arrangements for those needs, including refreshments / catering for meetings and / or managing itineraries, travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Undertakes any other duties as requested / directed in order to meet operational needs.
- Assist the accounts team with accounts payable and reconciling of accounts
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have experience using MYOB?