Advertiser: Ladder Project LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jan 2021
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- $50,000 - $54,999
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
About the business
Ladder, the official charity of the AFL Players' Association and a charity partner of the AFL, provides development and mentoring programs to young people experiencing or at risk of disadvantage. The philosophy underpinning Ladder's mission is to work with young people using an advantaged thinking approach, with the values of sport at its core.
About the role
We are currently seeking to appoint an Administration Assistant to support the NSW State team in their delivery of our Ladder Step Up Sydney program – a program which kick starts the career prospects of young people aged between 15 and 20 years who have had an out-of-home care experience. Reporting to the NSW State Manager, this role will ensure that program delivery is supported with appropriate and effective administration.
More specifically, the role is responsible for:
- Supporting the recording and reporting of programs in the Greater Sydney region.
- General administrative duties, including contributing to financial records, reporting and program evaluation.
- Assist with the organisation of planned recreational events such as day trips, celebrations and end of program events.
- Develop positive, professional and strengths focused relationships with young people and colleagues.
- Contribute to program planning and delivery.
Reporting and Evaluation:
- Report on all activities relating to Ladder programs in the Greater Sydney region.
- Identify and report on identified operational risks.
- Promote and present Ladder’s work through provision of case studies, good news stories, photos and social media content.
- Support and assist with evaluation activities to improve knowledge and practice.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to perform office duties such as scanning documents and taking minutes.
- Demonstrated experience in answering email and phone enquiries.
- Maintain activity records in the Ladder database, and other required reporting systems.
- General office management such as ordering stationary.
- Coordination of travel for staff and young people.
- Providing additional administration support to Team Leader where required.
At Ladder we are passionate about the support we provide young people and we are looking for an individual with experience, initiative and drive to join the team and help make a difference for young people.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in working in an administrative capacity
- Demonstrated experience in supporting program delivery or mentoring activities
- Demonstrated experience in reporting and evaluation.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and presentation skills.
- Excellent administrative, organisational, presentation and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Display and adhere to behaviours consistent with Ladder’s Values (We’re leaders, We’re honest, We act with integrity).
- Must be honest, personable, of good character and a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive feedback.
- Capacity to build strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Be flexible to program needs, and available out of regular business hours (as required).
A current clear NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC), clear National Criminal History Check (NCHC) and current NSW driver's licence are mandatory for the role.
A full position description can be viewed at www.ladder.org.au/jobs.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. Applications close Monday 18 January 2021.
For further information about Ladder please visit www.ladder.org.au or contact Tara Hazel on 0418 693 984.
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?