Advertiser: Emerald CoachesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jan 2021
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- $110,000 - $139,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Automotive Trades
About the business and the role
Emerald Coaches is an Australian family owned business based in Emerald, Queensland. For over 30 years, Emerald Coaches has grown to become one of the major passenger transport operators in the Central Highlands and Bowen Basin regions of Queensland.
Emerald Coaches provides passenger transport services to the school, mining and charter markets throughout the greater Emerald area, the Bowen Basin, Mackay and regional Queensland. Our diverse fleet of 110 coaches range in size from 12 to 61 seats and our geographic coverage enables us to effectively service Queensland's energy and resource rich regions.
We are seeking an experienced trade qualified Workshop Manager to join our team in Emerald. Reporting to the General Manager, the position is Monday to Friday with a rotational on call roster. Pay rates will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Close liaison with workshop staff and the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth and timely operation of servicing and ongoing fleet requirements.
- Prioritise work schedules for vehicle repairs and maintenance;
- Supervising workshop staff and mentoring apprentices;
- Monitor workshop activities and maintenance to vehicles;
- Review vehicle defect report sheets and raise work orders to repair vehicle;
- Maintain vehicle service data and history records in the VMS program;
- Maintain fleet management schedules and coordination between depots;
- Prepare management report as required;
- Liaison with Operations Manager on service, repairs and maintenance to fleet vehicles;
- Organise repairs and service to workshop equipment as required;
- Ensure equipment is calibrated when needed and file all records;
- Ensure the workshop is maintained in a clean and safe state;
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the occupational health and safety management plan;
- Authorise and place purchase orders as required;
- Assist company executive management as required;
- Review incoming enquires as needed;
- Prepared quotations as required;
- Maintain contact with suppliers to further the company interest;
- Comply with all company procedures;
- Other duties as required.
Skills and experience
- Reporting to the General Manager, the successful applicant will have attained relevant trade qualifications, and industry experience;
- Strong mechanical, workshop and safety knowledge;
- Previous Bus/Coach experience an advantage;
- HR Licence;
- High work ethics, reliable and ability to produce high quality workmanship;
- Ability to work under pressure, to agreed time frames;
- Diagnostic / fault finding skills;
- Auto Electrical / Air Conditioning skills an advantage.
Job benefits and perks
- Be part of a well-established business;
- Excellent job security;
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role which requires fault finding experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as an automotive mechanic?