Air Conditioning Technician / Auto Electrician (Emerald)
Advertiser: Emerald CoachesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jan 2021
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- $95,000 - $119,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Electricians
About the business and the role
Emerald Coaches provides passenger transport services to the school, mining and charter markets throughout the greater Emerald area, the Bowen Basin, Mackay and regional Queensland.
Our diverse fleet of buses range in size from 12 to 61 seats and our geographic coverage enables us to effectively service Queensland's energy and resource rich regions.
We are seeking an experienced trade qualified Auto Air Conditioning Technician / Auto Electrician to join our restructured Workshop team in Emerald.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the position is Monday to Friday.
Pay rates will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Performing all maintenance tasks assigned to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability of fleet;
- Ensuring planned maintenance and timely effective repairs are achieved by reviewing plans and schedules, assessing, and contributing to priorities, and participating in action plans;
- Air conditioner repairs and maintenance;
- Carrying out routine planned preventative maintenance of auto air conditioning systems;
- Carrying out breakdown service as required on an ad hoc basis;
- Undertake all repairs in a careful, clean, and timely manner;
- Perform fault finding, install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring and electronic components on fleet;
- Adhering to all applicable safety procedures, regulations, and standards;
- Resolving technical issues, ability to understand wiring schematics
- Diagnose & repair various faults;
- Carry out repairs in a timely manner to various makes & models.
Skills and experience
- Certificate III Trade qualification in Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration;
- Refrigerant Handling Licence (ARCtick) or ability to obtain;
- Cert III or Higher in an Automotive electrical trade (Auto Electrician);
- Experience in the Heavy Vehicle industry;
- Able to read electrical schematics, good diagnostic ability;
- Minimum MR Licence;
- Experience in auto electrical maintenance of heavy vehicles;
- Demonstrated experience in Air Conditioning and Auto Electrical including repair techniques, circuit diagram reading and fault finding;
- Be able to work well under pressure and flexible with work hours.
Job benefits and perks
- Full time employment (super, annual leave, sick leave);
- Long term career opportunities and progression;
- Salary package with a competitive rate dependent on skill and experience.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold a current Refrigerant Handling Licence (RHL)?
- Do you hold a current electrical licence?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as an automotive mechanic?