Team Manager - Eligibility and Disputes
Advertiser: Gallagher Bassett3.0225 out of 53.0 overall rating (89 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jan 2021
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Workers' Compensation
Based in our Darwin Office this role is responsible for providing day to day leadership and management of the Eligibility & Disputes team to ensure business and unit goals are achieved, in particular the initial claims decision process and dispute resolution phases.
You will need previous leadership or management experience within Workers Compensation and/or Claims Management, have sound knowledge of general business and administrative practices and managing cost effective business activities.
You will add value to Gallagher Bassett across the following:
- Monitor workflows of direct reports ensuring necessary workflow and processes are implemented
- Ensuring all disputed claims are managed in accordance with legislation and guidelines
- Support the Eligibility workflow to ensure timely decision making and identify any recoveries potential
- Act as the technical sign off on adverse decisions made
- Provide effective coaching and feedback to staff on technical and behavioral performance related issues
- Observe and monitor workflow, team performance trends and identify improvement opportunities or take remedial action to resolve issues identified
- Ensuring compliance with legislation/ regulations and policy
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess:
- strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- knowledge of relevant Acts and Legislative requirements
- outstanding leadership ability and experience in coaching and mentoring staff
- ability to engage with key stakeholders
If you live our values and demonstrate the people capabilities, we can not only offer you great career opportunities, but on a day to day you will experience the following:
- Flexible work options
- Staff referral incentive
- An extensive Staff Benefits Program that incorporates a wide range of discounts
- Opportunities for ongoing education and development
- Service recognition awards
- Employee assistance program for yourself and immediate family members
- The opportunity to work for a company that gives back to the community through our Workplace Giving and Gentle Bear Program
A brief overview on GB:
Gallagher Bassett is Australia’s largest Third Party Administrator (TPA). Our focus is refreshingly simple: we manage insurance claims on behalf of insurers, brokers, government bodies and self-insured corporations.
Gallagher Bassett (GB) has six offices in Australia located in Northern Territory, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, employing over 1000 staff.
GB values its employees and offers a friendly, comfortable working environment that facilitates a Work and Life Balance!
If this sounds interesting to you – we want to connect!
If you think you can make a positive difference to our business please apply – we want to hear from you today!!
Only people with the right to work in this country will be considered for this role.