Advertiser: RSL Queensland4.0811 out of 54.1 overall rating (37 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jan 2021
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
Building Bright Futures
We’re not who you think we are.
Our focus on building a brighter future for Australia’s veterans is as strong as ever, and we’re doing it in surprising and innovative ways! From evidence-based interventions that make a real difference to veterans’ quality of life, to a best-in-breed tech platform that supports and enables veterans through membership, service delivery, and our Sub Branch network.
With Australia’s most successful prize home lottery funding us, you’ll have access to the best technology, skilled co-workers and interesting projects that will allow you the opportunity to grow your career with us.
About the role
Our Veteran Services Team are on the front line, supporting the needs of our ex-service personnel and their families.
As part of our holistic approach, the Wellbeing role focuses on providing support through partnering Vets with experienced practitioners and suitable programs that will benefit their overall physical and mental wellbeing.
This role is a permanent, full-time position to be based in Southport on the Gold Coast.
Requirements of the role include, but aren't limited to:
- Prepare client support plans and work with clients on outcomes-based approaches to their wellbeing
- Preparation of documents that seek assistance from the department of veteran’s affairs such as non-liability health care and rehabilitation options for clients.
- Identify program opportunities and assist in their development and implementation
- Deliver programs such as Homelessness, Employment and Finance and accept referrals from the VSO network in accordance with set processes
- Conduct home and hospital visits to veterans to ensure they receive emotional support, counselling or other assistance they need
- Monitor and liaise with Health Care providers and DVA as required for the benefit of veterans.
Our ideal candidate is client focused with effective communication and interpersonal skills who can work in highly sensitive environments and situations.
To be considered for this position, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous complex case management experience
- Ability to show empathy and work in highly sensitive environments and situations
- Sound understanding of the ADF environment and Veteran Community and its unique sensitivities (desirable)
- Proven ability to understand and interpret complex legislation and compile in-depth research
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships both internally and externally to RSL (Queensland Branch)
- A willingness to learn and gain Qualifications under the Advocacy Training and Development Program
- Queensland “C” class driver’s license
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If you are successful in progressing to the next stage of the recruitment process, you will be required to complete online testing that will take approximately 90 minutes.
Applications will remain open until otherwise advised. If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply via Seek today.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?