.NET and Sitecore Developer
Advertiser: RSL Queensland4.0811 out of 54.1 overall rating (37 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jan 2021
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
About RSL Queensland
Help change our veterans’ lives for the better!
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. RSL Queensland’s crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of our veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation, and other programs and initiatives.
About this role
This is a permanent, full-time position. We offer a completely flexible arrangement with work but there are adhoc meetings in Brisbane so we’re looking for individuals local enough to head into Brisbane every now and then.
Reporting into one of our Development Manager, this role will be working alongside a team of 4 to further the development of our company’s Sitecore operability and strategic web efforts. This role will contribute towards the scoping, development and support of the website systems utilising agile and lean methods.
What you’ll be focusing on:
*Web Development, Support & Quality*
- Work with various teams and business stakeholders to understand requirements for development.
- Work towards development solutions with relevant stakeholders using appropriate methods that focus on maximising value.
- Provide estimates and flag risks and issues that can affect the timely delivery of development capabilities. Participate in planning sessions where required
- Work closely with the Integration & Applications Manager and management to deliver business outcomes to agreed metrics.
- Follow the preferred development and testing methodology we agree to
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code artefacts
- Create and maintain documentation as required
- Actively review new technology and ways of working to champion their use in helping drive business value creation
- Be actively involved in applying Agile and Lean thinking into the business and development team
- Provide training to users of this business application.
- Ensure that all relevant ICT Infrastructure, Systems, Security Policies and Procedures are adhered to.
We’re looking for someone who both takes pride in what they do / how they do it, but also in how their work impacts the business and its users. As a company, people are at the forefront of our mind so we’re looking for people who really want to help push the bar higher when it comes to their professions and department output.
We’re looking for someone who is a strong communicator, an avid collaborator and who is happy to help those around them grow and develop.
What we’re looking for in terms of experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Information Technology or STEM equivalent.
- Upwards of 4 years of commercial experience in a Sitecore web development role
- Experience working across multiple versions of Sitecore with a preference to some experience in V9+
- Demonstrated experience developing utilising Microsoft’s .NET Framework (C#) and Visual Studio, WCF Web services.
- Ideally someone with experience or the desire to get into .NET Core*
- Experienced developing using Web API, restful or SOAP APIs.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment where teamwork is a priority.
*Please note, at this stage Sitecore experience is essential to be considered*
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But while we’ll be working from home initially (for the foreseeable future) let’s talk about our company initiatives:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Operate in an Agile test and learn culture – fail fast, learn quick!
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, we will work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply or if you have any questions please reach out to Scott our talent acquisition partner;
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?