Advertiser: RSL Queensland4.0811 out of 54.1 overall rating (37 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jan 2021
- Sunshine Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Management
Building Bright Futures
We’re not who you think we are.
Our focus on building a brighter future for Australia’s veterans is as strong as ever, and we’re doing it in surprising and innovative ways! From evidence-based interventions that make a real difference to veterans’ quality of life, to a best-in-breed tech platform that supports and enables veterans through membership, service delivery, and our Sub Branch network.
With Australia’s most successful prize home lottery funding us, you’ll have access to the best technology, skilled co-workers and interesting projects that will allow you the opportunity to grow your career with us.
About the role
The Regional Coordinator, coupled with delivering services, leads and supports a team of Compensation Advocates to provide advice and assistance directly to our members, their families and the wider military community. They support in a wide range of Departments of Veterans Affairs claims and appeals matters as well as responsive immediate wellbeing support.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, this role is responsible for the delivery of comprehensive programs that are developed as part of the focus of the Veteran Services department. This role has a contributing effect to the development of programs and is responsible for their delivery when established.
This role is a permanent full-time position and services the Central Region, which runs from the Sunshine Coast to Mackay, and will ideally be based within this area.
This role requires a strong leader who has proven experience driving cultural change across geographically dispersed teams and can provide support that facilitates a highly customer-focused service. They will embody the values, culture and aims of RSLQLD, and prepare and implement the operational plan which meets Veteran Services departmental goals to ensure effective service delivery.
We also look for:
- Ability to show empathy and work in highly sensitive environments and situations
- Proven ability to plan and execute minor project activities
- Ideal, but not mandatory is a sound understanding of the ADF environment and veteran community and its unique sensitivities
- Proven ability to understand and interpret complex legislation and compile in-depth research
- The proven ability to manage competing priorities, work collaboratively across the department, and ensure a positive working environment for the Veterans team.
- Well-developed research, analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to gather and compile information to develop reports and maintain databases
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, interpersonal, negotiation, networking, partnering and relationship management skills
- Queensland “C” class driver’s license
As part of this role, you will also work towards qualifications under the Advocacy Training and Development Program (ATDP), which will provide a clear career pathway as you complete the levels over a number of years.
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply via Seek today. Applications will remain open until otherwise advised. If you are successful in progressing to the next stage of the recruitment process, you will be required to complete online testing that will take approximately 90 minutes.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?