Advertiser: RSL Queensland4.0811 out of 54.1 overall rating (37 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jan 2021
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Claims
Building Bright Futures
We’re not who you think we are.
Our focus on building a brighter future for Australia’s veterans is as strong as ever, and we’re doing it in surprising and innovative ways! From evidence-based interventions that make a real difference to veterans’ quality of life, to a best-in-breed tech platform that supports and enables veterans through membership, service delivery, and our Sub Branch network.
With Australia’s most successful prize home lottery funding us, you’ll have access to the best technology, skilled co-workers and interesting projects that will allow you the opportunity to grow your career with us.
About the role
Our Veteran Services Team are on the front line, making a profound difference in the lives of others by supporting the needs of our ex-service personnel and their families.
Knowns as Compensation Advocates internally, these roles support current and ex-serving Veterans through the Department of Veterans Affairs claims process. Understanding this process can be confusing, time-consuming and stressful, so we assist whether they just need some advice to complete their application or more comprehensive support. This can include face to face interviews and home visits across the region.
We have two permanent full-time positions that will be available, supporting the development of the veteran community hub in Darwin.
This highly customer-focussed role enables our customers to get the best possible outcome for their compensation needs, and we do this with patience, kindness and empathy. You will also need demonstrated complex problem-solving abilities and strong attention to detail and accuracy. We also look for:
- Someone who has proven experience in learning, interpreting and applying complex legislations
- People who have a proven customer service focus – always putting Veterans and their families first!
- The ability to apply critical thinking to complex cases
- Strong emotional intelligence when dealing with sensitive information and cases
- A team member who will uphold our values and complement our culture and way of working
- Strong ability to navigate new systems and Microsoft programs, to operate effectively in an online environment, including guiding and mentoring our customers to do the same
- A defence background, whilst great, isn’t necessary to perform this role well. But an understanding of the defence community and its unique challenges is appreciated
Backgrounds that translate well to this space can include claims management (workers compensation and injury management) or even legal qualifications.
As part of this role, you will also work towards qualifications under the Advocacy Training and Development Program (ATDP), which will provide a clear career pathway as you complete the levels over a number of years.
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply via Seek today. Applications will remain open until otherwise advised. If you are successful in progressing to the next stage of the recruitment process, you will be required to complete online testing that will take approximately 90 minutes.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of claims management processes?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?